PDA

View Full Version : Who still listens to this

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Van halen,def leppard,led zepplin,joe walsh,steve miller,Heart,rush,Sammy hagar,Journey,ozzy,Black sabbith,red rider,warrent,winger,rolling stones,areosmith,jimmy hindrix,commander cody,george jones,james tylor,otis redding,rick james,Lynard skynard,zz top,David allen coe,Willie nelson,Hank williams,Gunz&roses,Skid row,great white,white snake,Van morrison,Jefferson airplane,The who,Greatful dead,The allman brothers,The bee gees,alice cooper,the doors,Eagles,deep purple,the doobie brothers,Jackson browne......and more..

Who when they where kids listened to this music....

I am 17 and I do thats my music right there.....

pharm
02-03-2003, 07:30 PM
That music $ucks i think but its cool if you like it i just never got into the old school freak music.

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:31 PM
lol 80's rule dude.

02-03-2003, 07:32 PM
you spelled many of the bands wrong, but they all kcik arse, Im 16 and they still play and some of them are the best..

02 Red Rider
02-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
Van halen,def leppard,led zepplin,joe walsh,steve miller,Heart,rush,Sammy hagar,Journey,ozzy,Black sabbith,red rider,warrent,winger,rolling stones,areosmith,jimmy hindrix,commander cody,george jones,james tylor,otis redding,rick james,Lynard skynard,zz top,David allen coe,Willie nelson,Hank williams,Gunz&roses,Skid row,great white,white snake,Van morrison,Jefferson airplane,The who,Greatful dead,The allman brothers,The bee gees,alice cooper,the doors,Eagles,deep purple,the doobie brothers,Jackson browne......and more..

I am 17 and I do thats my music right there.....

Excellent collection of artists IMHO. Some alot better that others, but over all good music.:cool:

killed300ex
02-03-2003, 07:35 PM
yes those banks kick ***** lol im big inot all kinds of music expesialy the old school rock and roll
killed

02 Red Rider
02-03-2003, 07:36 PM
lol 80's rule dude.

Alot of them span a couple\few decades. I grew up on alot of that stuff.:D

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah I tried to get a wide bit of them year wise..like the 60's all the way up to late 80's early 90's but you get the point there are still alot more of great bands out there.old school...I love them all...Steve miller and def leppard I like alot.

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:39 PM
really the 50's too...otis reddin...I like him too..I know its corny but I like stand by me :p

Fender Bender
02-03-2003, 07:39 PM
All those are great bands, but my favorite is pink floyd

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:41 PM
O no I did forget that :mad:

pharm
02-03-2003, 07:50 PM
i do like Nirvana the are pretty sick but thats not really old school.

optikid123
02-03-2003, 07:57 PM
ac/dc man!!!!

rookiex
02-03-2003, 07:57 PM
yep...AC/DC...hells bells:D

QuAdRaCeR244
02-03-2003, 07:58 PM
My friend Jake is always listening to that.

gojk
02-03-2003, 08:27 PM
I love all of that stuff. I pretty much listen to everything but country(gives me a headache). There just seems to be a dead spot in Rock in like the Mid 90s. Until like Creed, Linkin Park, and a ton of others now.

speedy400
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Van halen,led zepplin,ozzy,Black sabbith,jimmy hindrix, and AC DC!!! can't forget them,metallica(not that old but still) they rule

CBRSLIDER
02-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Motley Crue and Def Leppard!!!

jesshamner
02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
I am only 20 y/o but I love GNR. I like a lot of those other bands too. The 80's are freakin awsome. Tachy is better! LOL. I have to listen to bands that match my buddy icon under my name. <--- (Mullet)

JLanphear
02-03-2003, 09:35 PM
I don't listen to any of those bands really except for ZZ Top...those guys rock. I actually like Hank Williams Jr. too...the only country guy I'd ever listen to.

-Josh

SGA
02-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by gojk
There just seems to be a dead spot in Rock in like the Mid 90s. Until like Creed, Linkin Park, and a ton of others now.
I totally agree, I thought I was the only one that thought that. A new sound definitely started around 1997-98 or so. New ideas, new styles, guess people were ready for something new. I was... It got to the point in the mid 80's, to the mid 90's, most of it sounded the same. Dont get me wrong, there was some good bands that came along, but today there are so many new bands, with great styles of their own.

SGA
02-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Oh man, I could talk about music half a day. There are tons of great songs, from all formats, blues, rock, R&B, country, folk, punk, classical, etc.
I remember when Sublime came out, thats a great CD. I also like Cake, BB King, Blues Traveler, AFI, Garth Brooks, Elvis, Glenn Miller, Pink Floyd, Hundreds more. About the only thing I do not listen to is Opera, I guess thats because I grew up on a dirt road.:ermm:
A good song is a good song, it does not matter what style it is.
Theres really some good music out there, open your ears.

Pappy
02-03-2003, 11:15 PM
ya cant forget ...iron maiden...dio....foghat...mountain...frampton...

and what about whoodini...run dmc....curtis blow....the fat boyz:confused2

ummm....who else....judas priest....heuy lewis and the news..billy idol(i got more boot listen'n to him:eek: lmgdao) ....reo speedwagon(more boot music)

i bet a listen to every genre' of music everyday...lol
:cool:

SGA
02-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

and what about whoodini...run dmc....curtis blow....the fat boyz:confused2

Haha! those were the days! Parliment, confunkshun, the beastie boys, Paul Hardcastle. I shook the windows in the VW bug with those songs. Big and beautiful! :D

Hey girl! I gots me a bottle of Boones Farm Strawberry Hill! How bout we goes for a little ride?:blah

JTRtrx250r
02-04-2003, 02:35 AM
ya cant forget ...iron maiden...dio....who else....judas priest....

i bet a listen to every genre' of music everyday...lol
:cool: these 3 bands were my fav's......cool!!,in a way,still are,lol:cool:

EricB
02-04-2003, 04:18 AM
damn pappy that stuff is straight old school, curtis blow...these are the brakes! what about grand master flash and the furious 5 hehe. yeah i only like old school rap pretty much, no new stuff really.

but i hate how music is these days. everyone is in it for the money. the whole thing with the RIAA is out of controll. i meen yes file sharing is copywrite infringment. but it's not like record sales have droped that much. i meen boo fugin hoo if the artists aren't going to be getting paid millions. just because they are making this crap music thats on MTV and the radio. what ever happend to instrument solos? like the last recent stuff would be metalica (new stuff is crappy at best tho). nothing that is even remotly progrsive rock is ever played or promoted. i meen thats some of the most complex rock music ever preformed. i meen you might just think i'm a stupid pot head or something. but if you really actually listen to it for what its worth it's pretty great. legitimatly artistic imo.

but it's all about the buckys so none of that is important. what ever sally and billy listen to to think they're cool is whats important. since they're the ones who are spending their parent's money on.

sorry for the long post, the recording industry is just stupid. pretty messed up when something that costs 1.00 to make mfg costs with art and everything sells for 19 dollars. sure there is other costs like production and marketing, but thats just a little much don't you think? for as many discs that are made?

Edit: Ok 4punks, or some other older wiser bull. point out my opionated juvinile logic =P please it happens every time and i feel like an a// lol.

YLW400
02-04-2003, 06:17 AM
I was playing alot of those bands' songs when I was like 17 and 18.....That wasn't all that long ago......7 or 8 years ago...Skynyrd, Hendrix, Floyd, Zeppelin!! Those were fun times....I need to get in a band again...:devil

lil400exman
02-04-2003, 09:43 AM
i think you forgot the doors and beatles too................. oh and the essential 5 years ............ i ike em all sga you got eveything right.....a good song is a good song i dont like rap but the song air force ones is lmao the whole time..........;)

rookiex
02-04-2003, 09:53 AM
38 special lol boston...reo speedwagon lol..yep I love all those bands,JP them too..bon jovi..his old music...whats one other canadian band sesides rush and brian adams...there is one more I cant remember who it is tho..well anyway jhon melloncamp...bruce springstine..billy jole..Who has ever really listened to that song piano man?? its really a good song if you hear it word for word...does peter frampton really make his gutiar talk...??...eric clapton one of the greats..I like the music today but I have never heard a gutiar riff like the ones of the 70's and 80's van halen eruption...thats so sick...and winger in the middle of the song they pull out the best solo I have ever heard...Skid row sabastian bach...he has a voice man...if you have ever heard monkey busniess wow...he can scream...

jmoney45
02-04-2003, 09:55 AM
It's kinda funny. You listen to the stuff I listened to when I was 17, and I still like most of it. However, I'm 31 now and I am more into Korn, Saliva, POD, ... :macho

HondaRancherES
02-04-2003, 09:56 AM
I listen to it every now and then

Pappy
02-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jmoney45
It's kinda funny. You listen to the stuff I listened to when I was 17, and I still like most of it. However, I'm 31 now and I am more into Korn, Saliva, POD, ... :macho

yeah...kinda funny looks i get when im at a stop l;ight with disturbed or manson crankin:devil

sweet300ex
02-04-2003, 10:00 AM
im 13 and i listen to that the most! i would rather listen to 60's-80's rock then this rap **** that they play now

YLW400
02-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Actually Rookie.......Frampton does....The device he uses is called a "talk box"....It has a tube that runs up your mic stand, and you make noises into it as you play notes...Listen to Man in the box by ALice in Chains...it is also used in there.. Frampton is the man with that thing though. I saw him in concert about 2 years ago..It jammed! Ans i dont want any smart comments about my description either....pervs....lol:eek: :macho

SGA
02-04-2003, 10:23 AM
It's kinda funny. You listen to the stuff I listened to when I was 17, and I still like most of it. However, I'm 31 now and I am more into Korn, Saliva, POD, ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah...kinda funny looks i get when im at a stop light with disturbed or manson crankin:devil
Haha, I hear ya pappy, Marilyn Manson, The beautiful people....
Sometimes during the day I listen to big band swing/WW2 type music . My friend calls it geezer rap. :blah

QuadJunkies
02-04-2003, 11:48 AM

I am 17 and I do thats my music right there..... right on!!!! I love alot of dif music(except country) but the good ole rock is the best!!

Ryan
02-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Wheres ACDC ;) . Thats the only music that passes through these ears........ Sepultura, White Zombie, Anthrax, and anything else that you can headbang to ;) .

QuadJunkies
02-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Wheres ACDC ;) . Thats the only music that passes through these ears........ Sepultura, White Zombie, Anthrax, and anything else that you can headbang to ;) . white Zombie rules!!!:blah

ridesa02400EX
02-04-2003, 12:15 PM
i listen to all kinds of music except for country and jazz and weird $h!t like that but my favorite bands would have to be AC/DC, Tool, A perfect circle, Slipknot, black sabbath, stone sour, and zepplin oh ya and CKY

spincr4hire
02-04-2003, 12:20 PM

Same here, I still listen to Classic Rock at work (because I share an office with someone who isn't into a lot of the new rock), but when I'm out driving its gotta be the new stuff!:devil :devil :devil

EricB
02-04-2003, 01:51 PM
damn thats cool all of you older wiser members like the newer cool stuff! most people from your era don't like it.

spincr4hire
02-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Yep, 30 y.o. here, and I try to go to all the good Rock/Metal concerts around. Been to Ozzfest 3 years and counting...:devil
Just about every good Rock/Metal band out there I've seen at least once either at some big venue or a local bar.

redroost85
02-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Heh, heh, this topic rules! Say what you will, but I love the 80's, especially all the hair metal bands. I am not an old dude, but nothing today compares with that rock. Who cannot get stoked listening to Cinderella, Slaughter, Def Leppard, and Van Halen? Man, those dudes rock! But, to each their own.:blah

bradley300
02-05-2003, 08:20 PM
i beleive you forgot mettallica, great 80's and 90's stuff, overall great list, i'm 19 and thats the majority of my music. i blast it! its funny the look you see on a 30/40 something yr. old whne a youngin' like me is jammin to HIS music!

Nausty
02-05-2003, 08:23 PM
oh yeah I like all that stuff but I don't listen to it. I listen to the killswitch engage, statix x, korn, hatebreed, ect.

02-05-2003, 08:26 PM
:ermm: i listen to whatever sounds good, could be kelly osbourne to pantera or hatebreed

hsr
02-05-2003, 08:49 PM
thats some of the best music ever made especially from the late 60's to mid 70's, it was real music that had a meaning not like todays bull**** , its all about money ... doors, pink floyd, neil young, etc. the best ever man

400exrules
02-05-2003, 09:08 PM
no

:huh

02-05-2003, 09:11 PM
in 20 years they will be saying the same stuff about the stuff thier makin today

Max400
02-05-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm 39 now and I loved the 80's, I graduated high school in 1982....all that "old school" stuff was the new stuff then. I've seen almost all the 80's bands, I even saw Def Leppard when the drummer had both arms LOL. Does anyone listen to Tesla, I don't know how big they are on the east coast but they were big here in calif. I live by Sacramento, where they are from and have met them a few times, they are real nice guys and they ROCK.......

MeatHead
02-05-2003, 09:28 PM
But everyone forgot:
The Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Dead Kennedies, Dead Milkmen, Butthole Surfers, The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Church, Corrosion of Conformity, and we can never leave out Suicidal Tendencies.

These guys got me through high school in one piece. But hey listen to what you like, and to *#$& with everyone else. Now I listen to:
Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, Diamond Rio, Niel McCoy, Dixie Chicks, Kenny Chesney, Clay Walker, Randy Travis, Tracy Byrd,... You get the picture.

Back in the day, I wouldn't have been caught dead listening to the stuff I listen to now. Tastes change, but that is good thing.

luvmyex
02-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Man!thats a big change.AH the ol big hair bands.There are very few good rock bands these days.The 80's and early 90's jammed!Not saying there isnt any good music but theres not as much.And i wish that rap would just DIE OUT for ever,it sucks!Never thought that id still be listening to the same thing i heard in high school 20 some years later.But alot of its still on the raido.