View Full Version : Do intakes on 05's really make a difference?

JParisi48
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
my quad will have a piston, cam, and an fcr carb. would an aftermarket intake make a big or at least a nice noticable difference? and what is the best one out there. im talkin like the part that goes from the airbox to the carb... thanks

bean2080
07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
take the air box lid off and rejet, this mod will add a ton of power.

Ruf Racing
07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Dyno proven! The stock intake tube, is hard to beat! ;) Get a Dasa or a FCI air filter. :macho

JParisi48
07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Dyno proven! The stock intake tube, is hard to beat! ;) Get a Dasa or a FCI air filter. :macho thanks, thats what i was lookin for. do the dasa or fci filters sacrafice engine protection for a little power? i might just get a uni

Ruf Racing
07-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by JParisi48
thanks, thats what i was lookin for. do the dasa or fci filters sacrafice engine protection for a little power? i might just get a uni

The debate on cotton versus foam filters, will continue. I ride in dusty open, farm field trails. Using a Dasa. Never have I seen any dirt in the intake tube. For me it is cotton style filter. You need to make your own decision. :)

wild250rman
07-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I had done the lid removal,filter and jet kit with a sparks system on my 05 ran really good. Then i bought a cfm performance air box off their ebay store. WOW what a difference it made was like adding the pipe all over again. had to re-jet again it improved throttle response all over was a very clean and well made air box, it also uses a 4" 250r air filter. also works well with the stock pipe. it completely replaces all stock air box parts to the carb and included a piece of hose to connect it to the carb..