PDA

View Full Version : Wont start, cant figure out why.

Dobber
07-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey guys. Well today i got bored and decided to hook up the dirt bike kill switch i bought for that start button. Well i wired it into the correct wires and tried it out and it worked fine. After that i decided to get rid of the wires that i didn't need anymore since i don't run i head light. I wasn't exactly sure which wires i needed so i asked my dad for some help. He said i only needed the wires that that start button was wired into, and the wires the tether was wired into. So we cut off the rest and tried to start it again..nothing. It wouldn't turn over or anything. So we tried to wire everything back together like it was and to just leave the stock start button on there. That didn't work either. We cant figure out whats the problem. Any ideas?

CJM
07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
There is a small fuse near the battery, check to see if its blown.

Dobber
07-23-2010, 11:12 PM
we checked that..it was fine. we swapped it with our other 400's fuse and i didnt do anything. im completely lost on this. it just doesnt make sense to me. All wires connected back to how they were and still nothing. any other ideas?

CJM
07-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Is it even making a click, any power at all?

Dobber
07-24-2010, 11:23 AM
nope..no cliking or anything. no power at all

JOHNDOE83
07-24-2010, 11:28 AM
what wires did you actually cut?

You need more then just the starter wire and tether wires.

If you cut everything else off, you really screwed up...lol.

Dobber
07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
well we just went out and messed with it some more and we got it fixed. there were just two wires that we had to connect together.