PDA

View Full Version : Turning in a leased vehicle

juice420
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I leased an 07 Explorer and since this was my first leased vehicle I'm pretty much lost when it comes to this stuff. When exactly do I turn the truck back in, it's a 3 year 36,000 mile lease btw. I leased it 3 years ago around this same time and the vehicle now has roughly 31,000 miles on it. So do I take it on the same day I leased it 3 years ago? Also I had the 2 front windows tinted, do I need to have the tint removed before I return it? Any info would be appreciated. I haven't received any info from the dealer on when to return the vehicle. I though maybe I would receive something in the mail but i haven't.

KevinAb
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about the tint, but clean the crap outta it, and fix any kind of damage. They will surely inspect it thoroughly and ding you twice as hard for anything they have to fix. Maybe be present when the inspection is done. Call them and ask where to take it.

slightlybent47
07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah there going to get you for every little dent, ding, scratch, tire wear, chip in a window, or anything that is not exactly the way it was when you leased it.
Take lots of pictures so if you have a problem with something like them charging you for something that don’t exist.

Don’t be late when you turn it in or they will charge you a higher rate for every day your late. Leasing a car is not a very good thing to do because of all the loop holes that they can get you on, plus you paid out all that money and then you still have to give up the car at the end.

Canadian144
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
My dad leased an 03 Durango R/T (back in 03) and they snuck in on the lease that he had to buy it back at the end of the lease, anyways he went to the dealership near the end of the leased and raised hell, it was quite a scene haha. Ended up not having to return it... they also sent him a bill for new tires (the way he drove that R/T I'm surprised that tires were the only thing that needed to be replaced, that thing was FAST and sounded mean). He didn't pay the bill and they never cared.

Mind you that was pre-recession Chrysler, so I'm sure that any of the big 3 would be much different now.

juice420
07-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Well I turned it in today and the Ford dealership didn't say anything about the scratch on the door or the chip in the windshield. Tried talkin em' down on a supercab f-150 fx4 4x4 but they didn't wanna budge. So i went and got a 2010 dodge ram 1500 big horn edition with a hemi, dual exhaust and 20's. 390 hp and this thing sounds ridiculous. Only thing that sucks is they said it comes with a tow package, but what they don't tell you is all that a "tow package" consists of is the wiring harness. Which means there's no receiver for the hitch :confused: . BTW it has a 5'7" bed will my kfx400 fit back there?? the dealer said yes it should fit but you know he's just trying to make a sale.

97blaster200
07-25-2010, 12:37 AM
it should fit. you may have to leave the tailgate down but it will fit

chucked
07-25-2010, 06:32 AM
With my silverado the tow package meant a hitch, wiring harness, and a slightly tougher rear suspension. You can tell when a silverado has a towing package because it has a more aggressive rake.