PDA

View Full Version : Airsal 50mm Xtreme

nordic quad
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Just ordered this kit today,has anyone else tried this yet?Also vondering what pipe to use hmmm.

Stein A

aimo007
07-24-2010, 07:33 PM
trackside or hetrick gen 3.

nordic quad
07-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Both are on my list:D

Stein A

nordic quad
07-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Picked up the Airsal 88 kit today and the Airsal info sheet stated that they had used the Snyder rev pipe for testing on ATVs.The kit Looks like good value for the money.Going to install it in one of our engines over the weekend.

Stein A

Coley'sdad#8
07-28-2010, 10:02 AM
would you like a snyder pipe, I got one I would sell

marsrace2
07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Stein, dont use the Snyder.....seriously. You should get in touch with Toby he ran this airsal kit first with the Snyder pipe and then with the trackside....ask him what worked.

nordic quad
07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Pipe has yet to be decided.I have two custom pipes i am going to try first,and also i might be getting a european made pipe for testing:D But i would like to get either a Trackside or Hetrick aswell.But i was mearly stating that it is great to see that Airsal also have these kits tested on ATVs.

Stein A

Coley'sdad#8
07-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Who is this Toby character you speak of:huh :huh :huh
A ghost from the past:eek:

marsrace2
07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Somethin like that

zach R 7x
07-29-2010, 12:43 PM
What alot of people don't know is Shawn Snyder has been working with Airsal for about 2 years on this kit.
The motor that Toby had was originally built by Shawn for Christian Horne in 09. I believe it was still a work in progress back then .
I have seen these kits in person and in action and they are nice but.... they are not a 2fast or mallossi.....jmho

I loved the fact that Toby thought he had something that nobody else knew about or had ever seen!

This kit was tested and designed around the Revvy pipe .that's not saying that others won't work well also.

nordic quad
07-29-2010, 01:22 PM
I have seen these kits in person and in action and they are nice but.... they are not a 2fast or mallossi.....jmho

I know.Our scooter parts suplyer has this kit labeld as a mid race kit.This engine is a budget build.We are going to put it on one of our 100cc engines that already have a 45mm full circle stock crank and do some minor clutch mods,do some jetting and tuning on stock 28mm carb and add a decent pipe.We are talking less then 500+the pipe.

Stein A

zach R 7x
07-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad

I know.Our scooter parts suplyer has this kit labeld as a mid race kit.This engine is a budget build.We are going to put it on one of our 100cc engines that already have a 45mm full circle stock crank and do some minor clutch mods,do some jetting and tuning on stock 28mm carb and add a decent pipe.We are talking less then 500+the pipe.

Stein A

This is a great kit for the money ,no doubt. This is why Snyder has been working with it. Trying to put together a competitive motor at a descent price that people can afford.

aimo007
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
wondering how this worked out for you with stock 45 crank? what pipe did you end up going with?

nordic quad
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
The motor is just about ready,going to test it with several pipes,stock first then a custom pipe i am guessing the results we get with this pipe will be similar to Hetrick Gen 3 and trackside.I will try to make some videos of the testing.I will update this tread frequently.
Stein A