PDA

View Full Version : Computer people I need help

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
ok so I picked up a Toshiba M200 today from a guy and I paid 250 for it, I got a bunch of stuff and its been working great so far and I really like it the only thing thats driven me nuts is how I can get the internet set up so I can add a new tab and how to make my font bigger I been fighting with it for a little while and I cant figure it out...

Thanks for all the help.

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
So I got the font figured out, Now I just need to find out the tabs bar thing.

k4f5x0r
07-22-2010, 08:17 PM
update to a new (crappy) internet explorer, mozilla firefox, google chrome(preferred for me) or something else to get tabs.

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I have that foxfire on it

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 08:22 PM
so i just use the fox fire internet and not the one that is on the lab top then? cause i opened this fox fire thinking there was a update i had to do and it was the browser...

I'm not very good with computers.

k4f5x0r
07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
not too sure what you mean. You can just go onto google and search fire fox, and it should bring up the newest edition. download that and set it to your default internet browser.

mxduner
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
not too sure what you mean. You can just go onto google and search fire fox, and it should bring up the newest edition. download that and set it to your default internet browser. my firefox just updated the other day v. 3.6.7 hope it helps

motohanks
07-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm not exactly sure what problems you are having with the tabs. Try checking if the tab bar is showing. go to Tools>Options>Tabs I have all of those options in that menu selected on mine. You can also open a new tab by clicking File>New Tab or Ctrl+T

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok so I got the lab top from a guy who never used it, he let his sister use it alittle bit but then he got it back from her and since then its sat turned off. When I got it he said that its going to need a lot of the windows updates so when I got it I was playing around on it cause its a Tablet and I turned it off, It had 17 Windows updates to do, So I waked away for a bit came back and turned it on and was going to start setting it up for me ( homepage, signing in on sites and have them remember me so on) but it was driving me nuts that I couldn't open a new tab and I looked and looked and tried to figure it out then I found out that Foxfire is a explore window but I don't know how to update it to the default browser or update my windows one.

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
so I just turned it off and turned it on again to have it update again and this time I had 9 updates and it took for ever in a year or it felt like it did anyways...

destey
07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
if you have firefox installed and up and running, to add a new tab you hit the plus button where the tabs are, or hit ctrl-t to open a new tab, then ctrl-w to close a tab.