PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP.. need riddin places

HONDAofTROY100
02-03-2003, 06:33 PM
my parents are goin on vacation to South Carolina and i was supposed to go riddin w/ my dad and my mom and bro are goin to S.C. but i guess we are all goin YAY!.. not really... i want to go ridding really bad and is there any ridding places like tracks or trails or anythin around mrytle beach!?.. please help me!.. i dont swim or anythin so im not gonna have fun there so i wanna take my bike and go riddin w/ my dad down there.. anything will help!.. thankx
ryan

P.S.- HELP ME LOL! :D
- willing to travel around 100 miles in any direction

gsxr68
02-04-2003, 11:42 AM
I have been told that this is a good place.It is not that far from myrtle beach call and find out when they are open

Wambaw Motorcycle
(Francis Marion National Forest)

Description: Starting from the Round Pond Trailhead, this figure eight shaped sandy trail winds through a fragrant pine forest. You will see sinkhole ponds with bald cypress, as well as wildlife such as turkeys and deer. While the trail is designed for motorcycles, it can accommodate ATVs under 50 inches wide, and mountain bikes. The trailhead has a picnic shelter and vault toilets.

Wear bright clothing during hunting season and avoid riding this trail when it is extremely wet.

Length: 40.0 miles

Fees: Daily $5 per rider, or yearly $50 per rider. Also good for Parson's Mountain, Cedar Springs, and Enoree cycle trails. A fine of up to $100 will be charged for illegal trespass.

Directions: From Charleston drive northeast on US 17 and turn left onto Charleston County S-10-1032 (Steed Creek Rd.). Drive 5 miles and turn right onto S-10-98 (Halfway Creek Rd.) and continue 5 miles to Round Pond Cycle Trailhead on the left.

Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A working headlight and taillight are required for night riding.

Camping: Round Pond Cycle Trailhead.

Information: Francis Marion National Forest, Sewee Visitor Center, 5821 Highway 17 North, Awendaw, SC, 29429, 843-928-3368, Fax: 843-928-3828.

Rebel300
02-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey, I know of those one place to ride near myrtle beach. I went there 2 years ago (last time i was down there) It was pretty cool. They supply the bikes for u im not to sure but i think u can bring ur own. It was mostly trails and a few dirt straitaways, no real pits or anything. Im goin down to myrtle beach for spring break. I am hoping on stopping at that place. I forget wat it was called i found it at a brochure at my hotel.

HONDAofTROY100
02-05-2003, 05:32 PM
yeah, im goin for spring break w/ the family... ::sigh::... my dad and i really wanna ride but my mom is draggin us down there

DEWIE
02-08-2003, 02:22 PM
i heard of a place called the camron sand pit..that thing is huge. i might be able to give you a site here we go its atv heat.com then go to features an one of the tittles says it....;)

DEWIE
02-08-2003, 02:34 PM
oops it is in north carolina.sorry i cant help ya.:ermm: :(