View Full Version : needel ?

250rice
07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
i have a 38mm kehein on my 250r 330 pv the needel in my carb is a ddj and it is on the top clip but i still need to go leaner so i need to know what is the next size leaner needel for the pwk 38mm

methyman
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Why does your needle need to be leaner? Is the mid fat?

250rice
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
there is a still a little studer about half throttle wot is great when and if i can get past the stutter i have 172 main and it feels good and if i go down with the needle clip it gets worse and if i go all the way down its real bad when i put it on top clip it is almost gone oh and the pilot is 48 iam not sure what bike the carb came off of either 4 or two stoke bike not sure and what do you mean by the mid -fat and the plug is black its not wet its just black.with my old motter i was running the factory carb with 48 pilot top clip factory needle and a 172 main and it was perfect the plug was just right color brown too after i got the 330 pv on with the 38mm carb first i used 48 pilot top clip and 182 main and it was ok in the field but when i got in the woods it would stutter a little half throttle and the plug was black also so i moved the main down to 172 and it still runs good in the field but when i get in the woods it still has the studer iam pretty sure it the needle but dont know with one to get all the shops around here what to sell me a hole jet kit for the factory bike and they dont know what the letters on the needle mean so iam am kinda stuck unless i buy every needle they make and try each on and i really dont what to do that

hondamancbr03
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I run a 350PV with a 38PWK and after MANY needles i found that a CEL works best for my set up.....I have a nice solid pull from off throttle to top end.
I had the same issue you are experiencing but that doesn't mean my needle will fix your issue but it's a place to start.

What's your elevation where you ride?

250rice
07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
the lowest point is around tree hundred feet is the cel needle the next size leaner because i dont what to make to big of a jump and go too lean i found this site called jet r us and has all the needle you can imagine i might call them to see if they know

hondamancbr03
07-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Google Keihin needle chart.....It's a chart i printed out and carry in my trailer for when I'm camping and run across people needing help. I can not remember how much leaner CEL was.

http://keihin-us.com/am/_media/pdf/pwk-pj_jetneedles.pdf

This is a smaller version of what i have, it does not show all the needle selections. I will find my chart and post it for you.

Sometimes it's better to read and learn what you can find than listen to others.

250rice
07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
thanks ill take a look at it