PDA

View Full Version : Gophone SIM lock help

Hondamaster5505
07-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, I bought a gophone two days ago, that came with $15 of airtime. I bought it expecting to be able to use the sim in my blackjack 2. Well, as it ends up, the sim is locked to the gophone for 180 days.

I've read that everyone has had success by calling AT&T and saying they "broke their screen" but have another AT&T phone to put it in, so they unlocked the sim for them.

My problem is, I made the mistake of telling them the phone was a day old, so he wouldn't unlock the sim for me yet.

Does AT&T know when I bought the phone? I was thinking of calling again and saying I've had it for 2 months, and seeing if it works. But I dont want to look like a moron if they tell me I only had it for two days.
Thanks

mxpimp2000
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
this must be a bew feature because i had a gophone once and i switched my sim 2-3 days after i got it from the store. unless your phone (blackjack) dont support att or ur phone has a lock on it then idk what is different. If u put a ATT sim into a verizon it will say enter sim pin because it dosent support ATT. all the cell phones on ebay for sale say unlocked because they have been unlocked and can be used for any service provider.

ATT will know when ur service was activated.

Hondamaster5505
07-24-2010, 10:40 AM
haha nevermind. The day after I called the first time, I tried again. This time I said "a couple days old"

I got some stupid french guy who didn't care, and I used the same story. "Broken screen" and he bought it.

Unlocked the sim right over the phone, ive been using the blackjack with no problems.

haha