PDA

View Full Version : Can You Take Sprocket Hub Off?

Ty's400
02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
hey guys I finally got one rear wheel hub off, but its not the side i wanted(rotor side), it is the sprocket side. I have the sprocket and chain off, but I was wondering can you take the sprocket hub off? thanks

NoWingNoPrayer
02-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Of course you can. i dont know how but its a for sure thing.

02 Red Rider
02-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes it will come off but I believe it takes a 3 ton press. Check out a local tractor or machine shop.:D

tjd400
02-03-2003, 08:13 PM
It does come off with a press but I think that it presses off toward the right if you were standing behind your wheeler. So that means it would have to slide toward your brake rotor after you take that off:ermm: Have you tried to heat the other hub?? Try this Get your hub hot with a torch turn the torch off then take some wd40 and spray it around the spines as the wd cools it off it will pull its self up around the spline and maybe help loosen it up. I have tried this before and it has worked. If that won't work then get a BFH :macho

300exazzkikr
02-04-2003, 12:14 PM
it should come off the left side, you would have to rotate it so the grooves in the sprocket go over the hub. I don't know if i explained this well, but i think it will work.