PDA

View Full Version : Janssen motosports going out of bussiness?

mx Eli
07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I was talking to a friend and he said that Janssen was going out of business? is this true?

TrapZ400
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I doubt it. Nick DeNoble just joined the team

mx Eli
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM
thats what I thought and they get plenty of bussiness from the people in wisconsin (almost ever person has some part from them)

400exrider707
07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
I met a few of the guys from Janssen when I made a trip to Little Sahara last year. A group of guys from Wisconsin met with us at our campground and they were all really cool guys. I was impressed with the Janssen stuff on the bikes I did see. Some nice stuff, and super nice guys.

Quinn4
07-22-2010, 05:00 AM
I didn't hear that they were going under just that business isn't that good now.
But in this economy people are trying to save every dime and unfortunatly that means less spending on recreational things.
Best of luck to them though!!

laeger2fiddyr
07-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I met a few of the guys from Janssen when I made a trip to Little Sahara last year. A group of guys from Wisconsin met with us at our campground and they were all really cool guys. I was impressed with the Janssen stuff on the bikes I did see. Some nice stuff, and super nice guys.

They dont make anything!!! Fireball Racing makes the stuff, just got Janssen's name on it. I heard they were done.

Ellingsoc26
07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I tried to get parts for my a arms from them at the beginning of the year they said they were back ordered and then i never heard from them again thank god i didnt pay them anything so now iam getting so walsh ones because all my heim joints and ball joints are wore out really bad

mx Eli
07-22-2010, 12:05 PM
hey ellingsoc26 I see your from wisconsin. do you ever ride at fdl mx? or gravity park?

Ellingsoc26
07-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I race in north IL mostly being that iam 45 min south of madison

mrowe
07-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I am at there shop usually weekly and I can honestly say they are as busy as ever building engines...in fact I asked to get our 300 freshened up before Redbud and they can't get at it until after...there is that many motors there being done at the moment...as for suspension sales its no secret everyones sales are down due to the crappy economy...Its so nice having a haul axx shop close to my house they are so awsome to deal with I have never had any real problems there...janssen motorsports is absolutely not going out of business I just called the owner Joel and he said they would be at Wittenburgh this weekend and him and his staff would be at redbud next weekend if you need anything or have had any issues that need to be resolved you can come by the trailer or call him direct at 920-766-3411...you have to watch the rumormill...ford and chryster were rumorred to be going out of business and we see where that went...

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm gonna agree i dont see them going under, just hitting a rough patch as everyone is right now...

mx Eli
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
yea I thought it was just a rumor but I am going to buy a quad that has all janssen stuff on it and if they went under I couldn't get parts for them

mrowe do you know a person named tyler hatchett? I'm buying one of his quads and just wondering becuase he is in your area

Ellingsoc26 so you go to byron a lot? hows the track I was thinking of going down there to ride

c_olive18
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Even if janssen did go out of business you can still get any parts from fireball racing. They are a site sponsor and have a banner up top. They are the company that makes the parts, and Janssen just sticker slaps them.

I reconize the name Tyler Hatchett. I think his 450r was yellow and black, but i might be thinking of someone else. Its been a couple years since ive seen him, but the quad always looked to be taken care of pretty good. I might be thinking of his brother Travis' quad too though.

EDIT: I had the wrong name. The Brothers im thinking of have the last name Hackett

Ellingsoc26
07-22-2010, 02:05 PM
No byron is the gayest track around here. The quad track can be done on a 65 and the bike track is easy so most of us go to walnut b/c its for good reason the best track around

zalewski77
07-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Janssen Motorspots also does not "sticker slap" our products. We research and develop every part produced. They might not be made in house, but they're 100% Janssen products. Go ahead and try to buy a set of Janssen Extreme Ground Clearance a arms from anyone but Janssen, you can't.

Here at Janssen Motorsports, we've been focusing more on our engine program. We have many national racers doing very well with our race engines. We also have introduced our own line of plastic skid plates for the TRX and LTR.

C_Olive doesn't even have a quad or do business at Janssen so he's not a reliable source.

This economy sucks, but tough times never last, tough people do.

c_olive18
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
alex, i meant that if he had a problem with most of the wear parts (heims, balljoint, etc) he could get them from fireball. And even if Janssen does design the products, if they dont make them in house and they are made by another company they are sticker slapped. I actually think the Janssen arms are great, but the heim joints they come with (unless upgraded to the rebuildable) are absolute junk.

In no way am i bad mouthing Janssen at all. I was just trying to help another guy out if he needed parts.

Ive done my fair share of shopping at Janssen. I did have a quad, but it is now sold because i lost my job.

Ellingsoc26
07-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Being that i have their new ball joints both bottem ones wiggle alot with only half a year on them and the top ones are just as bad most of the spacers are worthless at this point but iam getting walsh ones at redbud

laeger2fiddyr
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
JENK!!!!!!

mxduner
07-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by c_olive18
And even if Janssen does design the products, if they dont make them in house and they are made by another company they are sticker slapped. With that logic i wonder why walsh,lsr,roll,etc sticker slap the hardware heims and rod ends that come with their arm kits. Better yet I suppose a honda, yami are sticker slappers to?

mrowe
07-22-2010, 04:46 PM
THE SWEET THING ABOUT THE JANSSEN BALL JOINTS IS THEY ARE REBUILDABLE, AND GREASEABLE...12.00 AND THEY ARE JUST LIKE NEW....i NORMALLY GET A FULL SEASON OUT OF THEM AND REBUILD THEM IN THE OFF SEASON...THATS JUST WHAT WORKS FOR ME...AND SAVES ME SOME MONEY BESIDES...AND AS FOR STICKER SLAPPERS ITS ACTUALLY CALLED PRIVATE LABEL MANUFACTURING...EVERY INDUSTRY DOES IT...DO YOU THINK hARLEY dAVIDSON MAKES ALL THE PARTS FOR A HARLEY...Joel works with a group of engineers and has a manufacturing company make them for him...and what is wrong with that?

c_olive18
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Im not saying that companies dont have other companies manufacture their products. Its the fact that janssen had another company make their products that are exactly the same as their own.

Go to Janssens and Fireballs website and compare the images of their swing arms, a-arms, steering stems, and rebuildable balljoints. If this is all a design effort between engineers and Joel why would the manufacturing company sell the EXACT same things?

woodsracer144
07-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by c_olive18
Im not saying that companies dont have other companies manufacture their products. Its the fact that janssen had another company make their products that are exactly the same as their own.

Go to Janssens and Fireballs website and compare the images of their swing arms, a-arms, steering stems, and rebuildable balljoints. If this is all a design effort between engineers and Joel why would the manufacturing company sell the EXACT same things?

they team up and work together and then one gets pissed and goes on his own and starts his own little thing and does it his way and then they are the same things just alittle different thing,

my PRP bearing carrier is the same thing as a LSR, but people say they arnt together, and its tigor racing or something...

Ellingsoc26
07-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Well the a arms i have were atv four play ones b/c before their current style them and janssen had the same ones then atv fourplay made their own b/c they came up with a better design

mx Eli
07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
c_olive18 the name could be that to I don't remember the exact spelling

but the quad I'm buying is a lime green and black

Ellingsoc26 how far south is walnut for the WI/IL border? by the way I know the atv track at byron sucks but they let quad go on the bike track to for race's and I doubt a 65 can do the 120 foot table:eek2:

mrowe
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I personally have run their stuff for years...starting back in the 250r days in the B class...this is what I care about....does it have a good leverage ratio? yes....does it have a warranty? yes...does it work good? yes....you should be careful...you are starting to sound like someone just bashing a good company that has done alot for atv racing over the years...when things were real good Janssen sponsered everything and donated thousands and thousands to amatuers and all our events and series....they supported us the amatuers...at one point I remeber someone saying they sponsered 150 amatuers and youth riders...that says alot about a small company...their family has put the last 20 years into atv racing...We need more people like them...So I don't know what you are getting at....I think we have established they don't manufacture their arms in house...Okay?

mx Eli
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AGREE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ellingsoc26
07-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Ya i know both tracks are really easy dude and there is not 120 ft tabletop there and never has been haha i did the whole track last year in 2nd gear but one jump was 3rd so just go race walnut this sunday

Walnut is an hour and 1/2 from me and iam 5 mins from the border if the helps

mx Eli
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
hmmmmm thats weird a buddy on a bike told there was but owell I don't know if I can go to race because I'm buying a quad Saturday but I will go there in the future
for sure because I know a couple people who go there

bracey
07-23-2010, 03:34 PM
All i can say about JOEL JANNSEN AND JANNSEN MOTOR SPORTS is that he is great guy and runs a great shop. He has done a lot for my daughters and their racing program . He is always willing to help . and we run his products and have 2 national titles on his products .and it would not have been possible w/out JOEL JANNSEN and others like him. this industry needs more like JANNSEN MOTOR SPORTS

c_olive18
07-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Once again, i will state that i DO NOT have a problem with Janssen. I know that they help a ton of riders around the area. They also support Wisconsins quad series. Without them, i am 100% sure that the series would not exist. I am grateful that they help out the sport.

Honestly i would have ran their arms when i did race, but i got a better deal somewhere else. I am not doubting the quality of their products at all, but i wish they could supply a better heim joint. I know the rebuildable heims they have are great, but it is a rather expensive upgrade.