PDA

View Full Version : nerf bars???

eotrx400ex
07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
looking at maybe getting some nerf bars..worth getting?...only ran the back tire on my calf once in my life.lol. and what brands should one stay AWAY from?

a4guy
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
I would never ride woods or trails without nerfs. Get them for sure.

440ex. ehhh!!
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Tusk and Alba are both the exact same nerf bar. Alba is cheaper though because i think its the name the manufacturer puts on em, and then they sell to Tusk also, and then tusk puts their name and charges a bit more.

both great bars, only thing is that they mount infront of the footpeg so it makes it a bit tougher to get your boot under the shifter.

eotrx400ex
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
ever herd of PRO PEG? any good? an what about DG?

440ex. ehhh!!
07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
i know DG is good, but never used pro peg. i think P.P is a more top of the line product though, which would come with the wider pegs and healguards.

all depends on what style your looking for.

Josh

eotrx400ex
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
Tusk and Alba are both the exact same nerf bar. Alba is cheaper though because i think its the name the manufacturer puts on em, and then they sell to Tusk also, and then tusk puts their name and charges a bit more.

both great bars, only thing is that they mount infront of the footpeg so it makes it a bit tougher to get your boot under the shifter. good to know! i was looking at tusk

440ex. ehhh!!
07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
yea, just go with Alba, thats what i have. im not sure if you can get alba on RMATV or anything, i found mine on ebay because at the time i was looking to spend as little as possible on em, and read that the Alba and tusk were same thing on the description for the add. Before i made the last post i also looked closely at both, and yes, same thing.
so good luck finding Alba Pro Elite nerf bars, thats the actual name of em, in my sig too.

Josh

eotrx400ex
07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
i know DG is good, but never used pro peg. i think P.P is a more top of the line product though, which would come with the wider pegs and healguards.

all depends on what style your looking for.

Josh with the heel guards would be nice...but i'm sure that comes with a price:D

440ex. ehhh!!
07-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by eotrx400ex
with the heel guards would be nice...but i'm sure that comes with a price:D

You got that right!! haha.
i don't have any healguards at all, not even stockers, and i don't even notice.
well actually, i notice when i got a girl on the back because i don't want her feet to get sucked in. :p but im sure you have riding boots, so no worries.

eotrx400ex
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
came across some AC pro pegs off ebay for 150 shipped. seemed like a good buy:D

HPI_Savage25
07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
You will be very happy with the AC's!

I have a set of the AC pro peg with heel guards and LOVE THEM!

I race MX and ride about twice a week and race every other week. Nerfs themselves are awesome, having a small issue with the foot-peg mounts though (starting to get a slight bend in them). Although not a big issue with me cause I can see that as a high stress point with me weighing about 240lbs....landing on the nerfs standing is bound to bend those over time IMO .

HondaRacing83
07-25-2010, 11:25 AM
i love my DG nerfs

eotrx400ex
07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by HPI_Savage25
You will be very happy with the AC's!

I have a set of the AC pro peg with heel guards and LOVE THEM!

I race MX and ride about twice a week and race every other week. Nerfs themselves are awesome, having a small issue with the foot-peg mounts though (starting to get a slight bend in them). Although not a big issue with me cause I can see that as a high stress point with me weighing about 240lbs....landing on the nerfs standing is bound to bend those over time IMO . thanks for the reinsurance i'm excited about getting them. these also have the heel guards. the pegs looked to be as wide as the 450r pegs i have now:D

atvextremerider
07-26-2010, 12:41 AM
AC are the best nerf bar for the 400ex i have them on my bike and they are great

Shawthy33
07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by atvextremerider
AC are the best nerf bar for the 400ex i have them on my bike and they are great

I love my AC's as well.

ridein'red7
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
cant beat um propegs

coler2002
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Shawthy33
I love my AC's as well.

Me too!

There are 2 kinds i have the all alum healguard, Shawthy33 has the ones with the healguards that are nets. They both seem to work great. The pegs are huge and with the upkick at the end you get a ton of extra bite!

One of best upgrades i have done.

eotrx400ex
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
nerfs came in the mail today...i'm sooo pissed the one side is broke and the M.F didn't bother to say that in the discription..he reply with "im sorry your unhappy ...the nerf bars are in great condition the heel gaurd was a bonus and can be unbolted if you dont like it, and i stated "was bolted on " right in the description"

the heel guards bolt on any way so im not sure what his point is! and he NOW claims the heel gaurds as being a "bonus" you can buy new ones for around 120 with out the heel gaurds which is what i would've done if i want one that way...am i wrong here??
----- jcova1282 was the seller --------

NMills
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
IF the ad said everything was fine adn worked 100%.... I'd think you could file a claim with Ebay... as misrepresintation is not allowed... but if he never claimed anything good or bad... then you might be out of luck... Who was the seller??? I personally went the cheap way and got the Albas... they seem to work fine for me... just they come with cheap hardware.. a quick run to the hardware store for some Grade 8 Bolts seem to solve that tho.. good luck with your problems..

eotrx400ex
08-04-2010, 05:00 PM
jcova1282 is the seller..he stated "bolt on a go"..but that can be argued to.other then that nothing was mentioned..IMO an like i said to him..be straight up an describe sh** is broke or bent an leave it to them if they want to continue with a purchase..your a shady f**k!
a again JCOVA1282 is the seller.