PDA

View Full Version : Bar Risers/extended stem

flyboy1294
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
I've got $75 that is absolutely burning a hole in my pocket. :devil:

Anyway, my quad has a high bend of Renthal bars on a stock stem right now. It isn't bad, but they are a little bit low when I stand up and ride. I find myself in an awkward position.

I have ridden my friend's quad with +2 risers and a low CR bend and it is much more comfortable to ride. With that said, I have found a couple sets of fatbars with risers for pretty cheap.

Here is the question, will I need to get extended brake lines, throttle cable, clutch cable, etc if I got risers or a stem? If so, it is probably a bit too much for this month and I'll need to find somewhere else to spend the extra cash... :scary:

josh25ex
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
You should be able to put a risers or +1 or +2 stem on your quad no problem. not so much a problem going up, only when your extending out the a arms you need to get +1 or +2 or even +3 brake line. if you do one thing your eventually going to do the other it all takes time and alot of it lol.

flyboy1294
07-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by josh25ex
You should be able to put a risers or +1 or +2 stem on your quad no problem. not so much a problem going up, only when your extending out the a arms you need to get +1 or +2 or even +3 brake line. if you do one thing your eventually going to do the other it all takes time and alot of it lol.

I already have extended arms. They stock lines barely fit. I need SS ones, but I'm trying to hold out a month or two.

josh25ex
07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Streamline is the way to go then if your looken for some. what did you go with +1 or +2 a arms? you will have no problems with aftermarket brake lines whe you get them in.

flyboy1294
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Streamline is the way to go then if your looken for some. what did you go with +1 or +2 a arms? you will have no problems with aftermarket brake lines whe you get them in.

I have +2 Laegers.. they're pretty wide lol. Streamline is a brand of SS lines I assume?

josh25ex
07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
yes streamline is a company that makes them. another companys that makes them is galfer, moose. i had bought a set of front brake lines and had bought +2 and they did fit but they rubben the a arms. the a arms i have are Lonestar +2 +1forward i had to get +3 line and thats what ended up worken the best. i had plent of slack turning and when my arms were fully extened i had no rub.

flyboy1294
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
yes streamline is a company that makes them. another companys that makes them is galfer, moose. i had bought a set of front brake lines and had bought +2 and they did fit but they rubben the a arms. the a arms i have are Lonestar +2 +1forward i had to get +3 line and thats what ended up worken the best. i had plent of slack turning and when my arms were fully extened i had no rub.

Cool, I'll be sure to remember.