PDA

View Full Version : 400ex??????

400ex=awesome
07-21-2010, 03:22 PM
i have a 400ex and i started it and rode it and now i went to turn the key and the neautral light wont turn on and then i went to start it and it wont start?
it wont even make a clicking sound and it has a brand new battery... any idea's?

slightlybent47
07-21-2010, 03:39 PM
There is a switch on the clutch that keeps it from starting with the clutch in the out passion. Take the two wires that plug in the clutch and put a jumper between them or just tape them together and try to start it.
Check the wiring where the battery is and there is a bundle of wires with plugs; check all the connections and try to start it again.
Also there is a relay down under the battery and mounted on the frame, check that and see if there is a lose connector. And or bad relay.
And I think there is a switch somewhere that keeps it from starting in gear, I don’t know where that one is but someone will chime in and tell you where it is.

Good lock!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-083.gif

a4guy
07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Had the same issue on a ride I went out last month. A guy rode a wheelie up a hill behind me while the whole group stopped which caused me to stop and him to come down on the back of me and take out my tail light. By doing this he caused a short and blew a fuse. I didn't know what happened at first because the quad was still running. When I shut it off and went to restart it there was no neutral light and could not start it. I pulled a piece of wire and jumped the fuse so I could start it again. Check your fuses.

400ex=awesome
07-21-2010, 06:43 PM
thanks a4guy thats whats wrong with it the top fuze is melted lol