PDA

View Full Version : Jumps

Rebelrider10177
02-03-2003, 05:24 PM
How do yall go bout making some of these jumps? They looking nice

wheeltrax
02-05-2003, 06:58 PM
If your lucky you can use a tractor with a bucket, or a skidsteer or any of those type of equipment.. or if you dont have that.. it looks like you will be spending some time with a shovel.

Rip_Tear
02-05-2003, 07:06 PM
To pile the dirt, I use either a Back hoe or a skidsteer... IF your actually talking about the jump design, well I just get the dirt piled then I rake it out on top, and start making the lip. Once I am fairly happy with it, I ride up and roll back down the lip (on the quad, usually the utility for weight) and then from the landing side I do the same but ride up until the lip of the jump. I hope that helped. I check out other peoples jumps, a good idea is to look at the lip from the side and you can get a pretty good idea of the trajectory you will be taking... :D Good luck

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 04:31 PM
i use logs a wheel barrow and a shovel

QuadTrix6
02-06-2003, 06:11 PM
i throw as much crap in a pile as possible then throw as much dirt as possible..we build with just shovels but the track is comming out good..heres some pics of my track http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44287

coryatver
02-12-2003, 08:57 AM
If you can find a hill and build the jump at the top you can get lots of air and it already has a natural landing on the downside. And you won't have to shovel as much.

400EXrider#91
02-21-2003, 09:38 AM
1.find a spot thats not being used for anything other than riding
2.dig a big hole for dirt
3.find the best spot for the jumps (make sure you plan everything out)
4. make the jumps how you want them
5. pack them down with wahtever you can find
6. somehow spary down wit water
7.come back next day and you have you own MX track!

at least thats how i do it!

BaD_250ex
03-01-2003, 06:59 PM
I have 5 acres and what I did was just drive around till I found some good inclines, or dips, or hill, or whatever else. And just added dirt and stuff onto them. And then I just build my track around the jumps I already had, now I need more jumps, so i have to get to work.