PDA

View Full Version : New dirtbike thread every week....

Brad77
07-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey guys I try to not complain too much but the dirtbike info here is starting to get weird.
I have a dirtbike so Im not bashing bikes. I enjoy my bike but I never post about it here because this is an atv forum.....
Seems like every week or so we have a new post about how someone is wanting to switch or whats the best dirtbike.
I appreciate the enthusiasm toward riding even if its on a two wheeled spoked dirt sickle but when I want two wheel info I go to a dirt bike forum. There are some good ones.
I just feel as though the members on this site should support the atv industry and try to make it better. This is not done by bashing atv's or atv racing.
I grew up on atv's. I enjoy my atv. I want to see the market survive and live on.
This place started as EX Riders then went to ATV Riders but maybe soon it can be called EX ATV Riders.

One_Bad_400
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
This place started as EX Riders then went to ATV Riders but maybe soon it can be called EX ATV Riders.

thats funny lol

it doesnt bother me, i have a blown up 250f. to me ridding is riding, if your black or white if your on 1 2 3 or 4 wheels. plus its the open forum. most of the post arent even about quads on here anyways. i posted a thread a while back with some riding pics. i got like 2 reply's. but if brittney spears shaved her head again tomorrow, there would be a 4 page thread about it.

300ex_#387
07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
most of the post arent even about quads on here anyways. i posted a thread a while back with some riding pics. i got like 2 reply's. but if brittney spears shaved her head again tomorrow, there would be a 4 page thread about it.

Thats sad but true.

slightlybent47
07-21-2010, 05:04 PM
This an open forum so talk about whet ever you want, and riding is riding no mater how many wheels it has.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-083.gif

mxduner
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
I enjoy my bike but I never post about it here because this is an atv forum.....
i see you got your yz in your sig... just sayin:D

Brad77
07-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
i see you got your yz in your sig... just sayin:D

Precisely, I do have a bike which is why I feel as though I have the right to complain. In my post history there are no threads in which I came to this forum to get two wheeled advice.
And honestly guys I think the main reason I feel a little bitter towards this is just the fact that the bikes get so much more respect. Most of the bike riders view themselves as supreme when it comes to riding. They don't look at quad riders equal. They look down on us.
I would challenge anyone to go to a bike forum and post up a thread in which is stated something like "thinking about switching from bike to quad". I wonder what kind of response you would get??....hmmmm maybe something like being called a quadtard :huh
Although here is different, here its like oh man yeah two wheels rule, can't believe I didn't switch sooner, atv racing sucks compared to bike racing.
So yeah I wanted to rant about it.
Open forum? Sure is
Talk about anything? Sure can
So yeah I wanted to rant about it.

Kickstarts-suck
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Should have a dirtbike subforum on here somewhere. :)

One_Bad_400
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
i love quad riding with a passion. but yes, bikes are supreme compared to quads. look at how much money a dirt bike rider makes compared to the top quad guys. its discusting.

we will just have to sit in back of the bus and drink from the small water fountain until we can one day be worthy.

honda400ex2003
07-21-2010, 08:31 PM
imo keep the 2 wheel stuff to thumper talk not here. lol. but it is an open forum so anything goes here so it ig fine with me. any other part of the site, it would be reported. steve

flyboy1294
07-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
This an open forum so talk about whet ever you want, and riding is riding no mater how many wheels it has.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-083.gif

You're really likin' those smilies aren't ya? :D

slightlybent47
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
You're really likin' those smilies aren't ya? :D

I like this one http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-083.gif i tried to put it in my sig but it didn't work.

J.Brown121
07-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Just so you know, I'm going to post a bike thread in a few days because I just switched lol.
But anyways, I'm going to post it on here because the guys on this site are cool and there are actually quit a few bike guys on here.

Ruby Soho
07-22-2010, 04:14 PM
theres specific forums for quad information, the open forum is for everything else.. including dirtbikes

buck440
07-22-2010, 04:19 PM
maby people dont want to go through the trouble of registeriing on another sight when they can occasionally post on here like i do even in the OPEN forum. we all ride, isn't that what matters? if you go to a lot of dirt scooter forums you'll see quad sections.

300ex_#387
07-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
theres specific forums for quad information, the open forum is for everything else.. including dirtbikes

I think he gets the idea that it's an open forum. Thats pretty obvious. What he is trying to say is that all these people talking about switching from quads to bikes isn't good for the ATV industry. Like others trying to tell everyone else how much better ridings bike are now that they made the switch. It just isn't good for the ATV industry.

muddy400EX
07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
personally i dont mind it, but i still totally get what your saying.

definitely cant change it to "dirtriders" or something tho, cuz then the bikers would take over the quads,not good

Brad77
07-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, that was the direction my rant was intended.
I know that in this open forum topics can be as random as anything and I read some very interesting, funny, entertaining things in here.
And a "look at my dirtbike" thread isn't the problem.
Maybe Im wrong but it seems a little odd when there is a topic about switching to dirtbikes and there are mulitple replies stating just how great that is (on an atv forum).
Im not sure about everyone's experiences in their riding adventures. My riding consist mainly in motocross and from what I have seen over the years, riding mx on two wheels is not the same as riding on four. There is a level of almost racism behavior in some cases (always against the quads).
I am not in favor of tracks turning quads away. In fact, I turned 37 this year and in all my years of riding or racing I have never spent any of my riding money at a "bike" only track. I will drive two hours to the nearest track that allows quads instead of driving one hour to the track that doesn't allow quads. I would do this whether I was riding my bike or quad. Maybe Im just old school but I believe united we stand divided we fall.
So in wrapping this up I will give the readers some of my opinions on dirt bike vs. quad
I don't think riding a dirt bike is any better than riding a quad. They handle differently and are both fun in their own rights.
I don't enjoy watching a bike race more than a quad race. I would watch either one. I do think that both bikes and quads should get equal media covereage and I think that in doing so riders salaries should be equal whether on 2 or 4 wheels.
I think that quads can put on a FMX show just as good as bikes. All of the tricks now are just impressive.

07-24-2010, 08:52 AM
The main thing that gets me is the goon dirtbike riders on here who have to talk about how superior they think dirtbikes are to quads to make up for their lack of skill. It just gets aggravating. If you think dirtbikes are better than quads thats cool but thats your opinion and everyone knows the saying about opinions.

yellowzo3
07-24-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't mind most of the dirtbike threads on here and I like to look at 'em when people post their bike they just got or something. Any kind of riding is cool with me, so as long as your out on the trails or track its all good.

But recently, and I'm not trying to hate, there was a thread on the lowest dirt bike seat height. Now, come on guys.... If you want specific info like that just join thumpertalk for heaven sakes. Chances are if you're asking stuff like that you're going to have to join that site eventually anyway.

As for the guys saying riding a bike is better... I've only seen that on here a few times. But you can't blame people for switching to bikes. There are a lot of guys on here that were dedicated to quads and poured a ton of time and money into the sport. But when your traveling 4 hours to practice at a quad friendly track and have 2 bike friendly tracks 1-2 hours away it only makes sense to switch to a bike. Most of us aren't made of money... You can find the guys and families that are loaded at the nationals every weekend. For the rest of us, we have to ride within our budget and where we're actually ALLOWED to ride. If that means switching to bikes then so be it.

We all joined this site because we like quads, and I don't think that will ever change for any of us. But this sport is suffering and you can't expect guys to dedicate money and time to quads they can't ride when they could trade for a bike (which are cheaper) and ride every weekend... and around here they even have practice during the week for bikes.

So, to me, its fine if guys post their bikes and mention that they're making the switch from quads... No biggie, I can see where they're coming from and as long as they're riding thats fine. But if you have some super technical question about a dirtbike just join thumpertalk. It's easier and it just flat out doesn't make sense to ask those questions on a quad site. It literally takes 3 minutes to register on any forum.

jesseweaver
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3

We all joined this site because we like quads, and I don't think that will ever change for any of us. But this sport is suffering and you can't expect guys to dedicate money and time to quads they can't ride when they could trade for a bike (which are cheaper) and ride every weekend... and around here they even have practice during the week for bikes.

so true, exactly why i joined and i would almost always be riding a quad than doing anything else. but im pretty sure everyone on here agrees its a to each their own type of deal. just like the 2 vs 4 stroke battles. neither is superior. i hardly ever read stuff on here saying that bikes ARE better, its all opinion. personally i would much rather be riding a bike than a quad. i loved my quad but just have more fun on my bike. but i dont think they're "better" at all.

133tmf
07-26-2010, 03:42 PM
like rodney king said " cant we all just get along " lol haha its ridn in the dirt we all get the same adreniline rush wether its 2 or 4 , plus its an open forum so this means open to anything haha **** id rather read about bikes than f'n brittnay spears ! oh an im likn that smiley that moves pretty pimp !