PDA

View Full Version : Need tranny help??

1promodfan
07-21-2010, 07:26 AM
My brother just put his '05 back together. He said he is sure everything is right inside the cases. It will not shift, up or down. It feels like its stuck in high gear or something.

We pulled the side cover off, pulled the clutch basket so we could get to the drum. My brother was holding the (shift star?) and he could rock the crank and get it to shift. You could hear it click as it went into gear. He wants to get it ready to go riding this weeked. Any help???

Jason Hall
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I would put the shifter shaft on with the clutch basket still off. Shift It through the gears. Turn the output shaft (where the clutch basket goes on) while pushing up and down on the shifter. Does It shift then?? If not, check the ratchet paws In the end of the shift star to make sure the small spring's under the paws are not bent or broke. If all that works with the clutch off, then maybe the clutch Is not engageing and the gears are just not lined up. Most of the time If your stopped with the engine shut off, you might get the trans to go Into a couple gears, then when you rock the bike front to back It turns the trans Internally to let the engagement dogs release so the next gear can go In. If the clutch Is not holding at all when you rock the bike, It wont turn the trans to line the engagement dogs up to shift to the next gear.

1promodfan
07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Problem solved!!! Thanks for the help bro. We got it fixed today.:D