PDA

View Full Version : For you facebook people

ZeroLogic
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
News to me but Facebook has everyone's phone numbers listed on it.
Go to edit friends then phone book.

I think its bs but you can turn it off.

Just a heads up!

sunco
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Listed ? ;)

smr
07-21-2010, 05:54 AM
wow..did you know the phone book does also...:D I really don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over things like this.

aDviSol2y
07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
If your that worried about it, put a bogus number in there.

yellowzo3
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
It only has peoples phone numbers listed if they choose to fill that portion of their profile in. Only about half of my friends list has their number in the "phone book" on there.

You can go to peoples pages and see their phone number where it lists all their info as well. It's pretty much been like that since facebook's creation :p ...

But if you think that's bad you should see a couple other things facebook tried to pull. Lot's of angry and confused users. I just saw on msn somewhere today that facebook actually ranks EXTREMELY low as far as user satisfaction goes.

mxduner
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
It only has peoples phone numbers listed if they choose to fill that portion of their profile in. Only about half of my friends list has their number in the "phone book" on there.

You can go to peoples pages and see their phone number where it lists all their info as well. It's pretty much been like that since facebook's creation :p ...

But if you think that's bad you should see a couple other things facebook tried to pull. Lot's of angry and confused users. I just saw on msn somewhere today that facebook actually ranks EXTREMELY low as far as user satisfaction goes. is this the beginning to the end for facebook? i hav'nt signed up cause i figured it would die off like my space did.

of course i been waiting for this long :D

Scro
07-21-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't think that facebook is going to die off as quickly as myspace did. Everyone, and their grandma (literally), has a facebook account. I felt like I needed to delete some info from my page before I accepted the friend request from both my grandma's :p

yellowzo3
07-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Like Scro said, facebook's here to stay. All generations of family members use facebook as well as businesses, groups for different interests, and anything else you can imagine. And as of now, its 100 times more organized than Myspace and you can actually read the font on peoples pages and not worry about some weird rap song

So its not as bad as myspace, but it is getting there. WAY too many games and applications. And your friends can make their entire page private so there really is no point in even being friends with them on there.

Facebook was cool when it started because it was REALLY simple and just used for college kids to meet people and keep in touch. Once they started letting anyone join it got out of hand. It's now littered with spam and slowly going downhill.

motofreak2772
07-21-2010, 06:36 PM
I have my phone number listed. Then again I don't send friend requests out the *** like some people. I only have my friends and people I know. So its convient for people who need/want to contact me. Some random chick started texting me cuz of it so I think my privacy settings arent set up lol, she was straight up weird so maybe I should fix it...
I thought the point of facebook is to be like a phonebook hence the name?

yellowzo3
07-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I have my phone number listed. Then again I don't send friend requests out the *** like some people. I only have my friends and people I know. So its convient for people who need/want to contact me. Some random chick started texting me cuz of it so I think my privacy settings arent set up lol, she was straight up weird so maybe I should fix it...
I thought the point of facebook is to be like a phonebook hence the name?

LOL might want to fix those privacy settings. When facebook started it was like a phonebook for college kids trying to find other kids that went to the same school as them and lived in the area, etc...

Once they started letting anybody join it became Myspace without the fancy backgrounds on everyones page.

ZeroLogic
07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not a face book nut, just shocked me that my number was on there. I never gave it to them or use face book on a phone before. :ermm: