PDA

View Full Version : OK my anti reggie bush/saints rant

derekhonda
07-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Maybe I am still bitter about the way the super bowl turned out, but following the reggie bush/usc abortion and knowing now that he accepted money gifts etc in for him to grace usc's campus, how is there not any outrage towards the player?

It takes two to tango, someone had to offer and someone had to accept.... (Or, someone had to demand, and someone had to comply...which is how it probably happened)

So whats your take on it? Don't care? Think colleges are only to blame? Think players in the limelight get off to easy for infractions?

J.Brown121
07-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't blame the dude. I would have done the same thing in his position.

07-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by J.Brown121

x2

J.Brown121
07-21-2010, 06:21 AM

and just to be clear, I'm not saying what he did was ok, I'm just saying that I prolly wouldn't have turned the cash down either.

ryan243
07-21-2010, 06:33 AM
I could care less. Every school helps their well known athletes out to some degree. That's why so many sports stars get a full ride to college even if the grades aren't the greatest. Most of these athletes only go to college to play their sport and develop into a pro and all the colleges are businesses and they know top players put fans in the seats and make more money. Atleast they didn't actually cheat (steroids)

mxduner
07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
I could care less. Every school helps their well known athletes out to some degree. That's why so many sports stars get a full ride to college even if the grades aren't the greatest. Most of these athletes only go to college to play their sport and develop into a pro and all the colleges are businesses and they know top players put fans in the seats and make more money. Atleast they didn't actually cheat (steroids) this was compared to steroids, as far as how big of a story it will turn out to be. alabama and florida are in the controversy now.

reggie should not of taken the cash. he knew he wasn't suppose to, did it anyways. = arrogance.

all the while knowing millions was just a couple years away. maybe less. jmo

ryan243
07-22-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't know how you could compare it to steroids. They didn't cheat on the field. They played the game fair and square. The money or whatever bush was given didn't boost his performance at all

aDviSol2y
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Rules are rules. If you break them, your a cheater. Not every college breaks the rules. Mainly just the big ones who can get away with it. This investigation is going to shed some light on these big schools, but the sad thing is, it's the current players who had nothing to do with it who will get punished.

Reggie is a punk, he should get his Heisman taken away, and USC is even more of a punk for knowing about it and letting him play. Pete Carrol is a sell out and even a bigger punk. You think its a coinsidence he goes to the NFL right before the story broke?

mxduner
07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
I don't know how you could compare it to steroids. They didn't cheat on the field. They played the game fair and square. The money or whatever bush was given didn't boost his performance at all I was just comparing how big of a story it will turn out to be. Just was qouting what i heard from a reporter from espn. But yea, it does'nt help there performance, atleast not on the field:devil:

derekhonda
07-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Ok so you people who say you don't care, put on your imagination caps for a second.

Now, lets pretend that this same story happens, except it is Michael Vick. Do you still not care? Afterall..., "I would have done the same thing".

07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Ok so you people who say you don't care, put on your imagination caps for a second.

Now, lets pretend that this same story happens, except it is Michael Vick. Do you still not care? Afterall..., "I would have done the same thing".

Lets compare apples and oranges while we're at it. :rolleyes:

I don't see why it's such a big deal personally.... They wanted a player and paid a little extra to make sure they had him. Same thing the NFL does, pays more for a better player.

derekhonda
07-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-DunerUtah
Lets compare apples and oranges while we're at it. :rolleyes:

I don't see why it's such a big deal personally.... They wanted a player and paid a little extra to make sure they had him. Same thing the NFL does, pays more for a better player.

I don't see how it is apples to oranges at all.

Player A takes money gifts bribes to play for a certain college.
Player B takes money gifts bribes to play for a certain college.

How is that apples to oranges?

What I am trying to get to, is if it is the player, or the crime, that effects how you feel about the situation.

Guy400
07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
The solution to this problem is real simple: if a player is caught accepting money or gifts of any type than the player is banned from NCAA athletics for one year and that team is stripped of any wins that season while that player was on the team. If that player is caught a 2nd time than he's banned permanently from the NCAA. The problem is boosters are willing to take the risk because the penalties are often way too late to matter. It's not that hard to figure this thing out. NCAA athletes can't have jobs while they play. College kids without jobs can't afford $5k Rolex watches and $60k Escalades. Shouldn't be too hard to spot by campus faculty.

J.Brown121
07-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

I don't care who it is. Ya Michael Vick made some TERRIBLE decisions, but if he were to come out next season and be the exciting player he used to be I would like him again. I like athletes for what they do on the field/court, not what they do off the field/court. Their personal life is their own buisness.

Ok now you put your "imagination cap" on derek. Let's say you grow up poor and go to college for football, then you turb into the most dangerous player in the NCAA. Then one day some guy comes up to you saying that you can have a bunch of cash and your family can move out of the crappy place they were living before...tell me you would say no :rolleyes:

440racer66
07-24-2010, 01:11 AM
yeah get real if any of yall got money thrown at you for riding a quad you would take it. so i dont see it any diffrent. haha ther was a kid aound here that got a h2 with rims in highschool. and they had it on the news and made him give it back. i say if your that good take all you can get.

derekhonda
07-24-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't care who it is. Ya Michael Vick made some TERRIBLE decisions, but if he were to come out next season and be the exciting player he used to be I would like him again. I like athletes for what they do on the field/court, not what they do off the field/court. Their personal life is their own buisness.

Ok now you put your "imagination cap" on derek. Let's say you grow up poor and go to college for football, then you turb into the most dangerous player in the NCAA. Then one day some guy comes up to you saying that you can have a bunch of cash and your family can move out of the crappy place they were living before...tell me you would say no :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, I havn't said that this whole thread. I would be ready to reap the rammifications of being caught too, which appears to be nothing for the player. (which therein lies the problem...and the reason i posted this thread)

Giz400ex
07-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Who cares ?? Its like that everywhere you go or look in every job. Cheating ect..., happens everyday =) So, they got caught ? Wont be the last one =)