PDA

View Full Version : footpegs?

eastcoastpro20
07-20-2010, 10:42 AM
has anyone ever sharpened the teeth on their foot pegs to get a better grip, i was considerin tryin n jus wondered if anyone else had done it.

Dobber
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM
i've heard of some people doing it and it working pretty well. But i also heard of one guy doing it and having his foot slip off and he got a pretty good cut from the peg. Just dont sharpen them to much and you should be alright.

dehner47
07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
you can deff sharpen ur footpegs. i usually do mine at the beginning of the season and aslo half way in order to keep em sharp for the rest of the season. just make sure you dont shave them down to far and not get the right point on the peg. or you will just ruin your pegs and nerfs if your running pro pegs.

dirtbike racers do theres about once every other race. there pegs are so damn sharp they eat right threw the riders sole of his boots. yes there pegs are titanuim, but you can still sharpen your pegs to razor points. a nice die grinder or dremil will do the trick.

in my opinion, the sharper the better..

slightlybent47
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I do it as well, I take a dye grinder and just lightly go over them so they have an edge on them. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-083.gif

PaRedneckRiders
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
The ones on my cr250 were always sharp but just watch u dont slip off the peg (well it hurt hurt more on a quad anyway because of the rear tire)
But i put one of the teeth of the peg into my shin and it got muddy stagnant water on it from the trails and then got a infected and was to the point it had to be cut and drain then i went riding and it popped, it wasnt real fun

sunco
07-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Tell ur buddy not to ride barefoot :p

I use a roto zip to cut them in. Aluminum will round down quick

sunco
07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
dehner47 - hey u going to BPG?