PDA

View Full Version : Rectifier??

rooster300ex
07-19-2010, 04:30 PM
My quad will not even start by shorting the 2 wires that connect to the silinoid. Thats how I use to start it. At one point I even had a heavy duty switch rigged up. Anyways sunday I started it and I think i seen a spark near that big fuse right above the battery. U think its my rectifier.

Tommy Warren
07-19-2010, 06:26 PM
did you blow the fuse? try tapping the starter with a hammer and holding the start button at the same time if it starts your brushes are screwed in the starter....

rooster300ex
07-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
did you blow the fuse? try tapping the starter with a hammer and holding the start button at the same time if it starts your brushes are screwed in the starter....

the starter button doesn't work. Did u read the post I have to use the silinoid. 300ex's will still start with a blown fuse by jumping the silinoid wires. The silinoid wires aren't sparking or anything when I try to jump from the 2 wires connected to the silinoid. Its a brand new battery too. It was starting up just fine all day sunday and all of a sudden wouldn't do ****. Oh yea is the fuse lookin thing above the battery even a fuse??

smr
07-20-2010, 05:54 AM
if your 300ex will start with a blown fuse by jumping the siliniod then somebody has screwed with the wiring. It should turn over but not start.

I say check the fuse also.

Tommy Warren
07-20-2010, 03:29 PM
yes the fuse looking thing is a fuse..... try crossing the solenoid and tapping the starter with a hammer than....

QuadCobbler
07-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Be carefull tapping on the starter with a hammer. You can crack the magnets that line the inside of the starter. Then it's junk