PDA

View Full Version : powroll 440

renegade_400ex
02-03-2003, 04:04 PM
first i would like to tell everyone how good powroll's customer service is. i faxed some questions and they faxed them back the next day with all my questions throuoly answered. but anyways, i am thinking about doing a powroll stroke and bore to a 440 using a Ross piston, hardened rockers, powrolls cam, new springs and eventually a FCR carb. what do u guys think. i might go with a better conn. rod too because i want it to be reliable. pam @ powroll also said i could run 11:1 on premium pump

type3tom
02-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Ive had the Powroll stroke and bore kit for about 2 years now and have only had 1 problem at the begining when I tried running pump gas(premium) and pulled the head studs,but the things ran flawless since I started using a mixture of super and Trick fuel,I also ran alcohol for awhile too.The quads in the shop rite now getting a 12/1 piston, Carrilo rod,lots of head work,the TC Racing head stud kit and a few other things done,good luck with yours.

Tom

renegade_400ex
02-03-2003, 06:49 PM
would the tc stud kit stop it from pulling the studs? i really cant run race gas. but then again cant i reduce the compression down to like 10.8:1 and use premium but using a thicker base gasket right??

oregonrider89
02-03-2003, 07:00 PM
I have the Powroll 440 stroke kit and have no trouble with running 92 oct. fuel. If I were going to do it agian I would get a heavy duty rod, not because the stock rod can't handle the 440, but if I want to go to 463 I'd have to take it all apart agian. If I had done the rod when my crank was stroked it would be no prob to do the 463 kit. And the aftermarket rod is some insurance. Go with the Powroll kit its awsome. A 440 stroker kit is faster than a 440 bore kit.

oregonrider89