PDA

View Full Version : stock hood with a hood scoop

troybilt
07-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Anybody know what kind of hood the ol pro's ran back in the mid 90's? been looking at my mags and they have a large scoop but its not like the old quadtech hoods. It looks more like a stock with a scoop on it. I'd post a pic but not allowed to scan anymore. I'll see if one exists on the internet....

P.S. all it says in the article, (Doug Eichner's quad BTW), is custom nose piece.

jbltz450
07-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Hondaline accessory hood! Very very rare!

J.B.
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I thought the hondaline hood was a cover to protect the hood and not a scooped hood?

troybilt
07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I know what the Hondaline hood is. This is different, most of the pros ran this hood early-mid 90's prior to the QT style hood in the late 90's...

It looks like a stock hood flat, except for a scooped portion at the very end. Sweet looking hood.

derby
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Yeah, I know what the Hondaline hood is. This is different, most of the pros ran this hood early-mid 90's prior to the QT style hood in the late 90's...

It looks like a stock hood flat, except for a scooped portion at the very end. Sweet looking hood.

There were 2 different styles of the quad tech hood. The early one was closer to the front.