PDA

View Full Version : Portland 6/24-6/25

quadscrib
07-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Though not a championship series race day Portland Trail Riders will be hosting another weekend of Motocross.
The Scribner family (some of us) will be there Sunday but not till 5-6 PM on Saturday.
Violet and Gideon will be racing and Ill probly get Ollies dad to bring him Sunday.
Everyone chime in if youre coming

magna-007
07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Probably wont make it. Right in our back yard , home town that is and probably cant. Its the big 4H weekend at fair for my daughter.

kimv
07-19-2010, 05:26 PM
We will pry be sitting this one out...even though Wyatt really wants to go(he loves Portland!) Joel needs to work on his quad...I cant believe it kept running at Polkadots..it sounded awful!!

djdfairchild
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
I've decided to go, hope theres going to be a good turn out.

bbender85
07-20-2010, 09:56 AM
you guys ever have open practice there?

quadscrib i think i remember msging back and forth with you on youtube a summer or two ago... i had a silver 400ex then.

quadscrib
07-21-2010, 05:40 AM
We used to do open practice but not for a few years now.
Yah I remember chattin w/ you in the past. I have several vids on YOUTUBE but funny that one clip has had over 10,000 views...lol.
You should come out and race sunday.
www.portlandtrailriders.com

quadscrib
07-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
I've decided to go, hope theres going to be a good turn out.

Violet will be there for 50 class for your 50 rider to race.

kimv
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
This is from Luke Adams regarding the Portland race-
Because of people wanting to Portland Trail Riders will be running 70 and 90 quads big track. Mini quads on the big track will be second drop to big quads and if the big quads catch up they will know to be safe. If there are so many quads that one moto is not possilbe then we will have two but for now 70 and 90 are we...lcome.
See you this weekend.

djdfairchild
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
i assumed because it was d14 that 70 and 90 always ran big track. i would have beed p'ed off if i drove all that way and had the 70 on the little tt track. i don't however like the idea of having big quads on the track with mini's. its not that the big quads won't be careful its that the mini riders are to unpredictable. you can't assume that the mini riders are going to hold there line. i am planning on doing the sjo productions race in hastings friday night then getting a hotel and going to portland sat. i will see how it goes maybe only a sat race for me. if its not a good turn out or good racing then i won't stay for sun.

quadscrib
07-21-2010, 08:44 AM
just so you know most if any will b there fer sunday. Me and mine will NOT be there till saturday evening

#404's Dad
07-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
i assumed because it was d14 that 70 and 90 always ran big track. i would have beed p'ed off if i drove all that way and had the 70 on the little tt track. i don't however like the idea of having big quads on the track with mini's. its not that the big quads won't be careful its that the mini riders are to unpredictable. you can't assume that the mini riders are going to hold there line. i am planning on doing the sjo productions race in hastings friday night then getting a hotel and going to portland sat. i will see how it goes maybe only a sat race for me. if its not a good turn out or good racing then i won't stay for sun.

Gotta agree with Darrick here and I thought the D14's special thing was that the 70-90's were always on the big tracks? I don't think the Big and Mini quads on the track at the same time is a very safe deal, could get an excited leader on a big quad coming up on a much slower unpredictable inexperienced mini rider rather quickly which could result in trouble but only my opinion, My son has raced with big quads before but it still always makes me nervous even knowing for the most part mine will hold his line and do the right thing.

Whats an extra 10-20 minutes in the day to give the 70-90s their own time?

Again only my opinion . .

quadscrib
07-21-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't thinl it's gonna be an issue. If we are there we'll race. I think due to other events around the state taking place the turnout will be low anyways. Very unlikely that well have an issue when it comes down to it.
We (speaking from a PTR member perspective) will not any unsafe situations occur. Also all keep in mind this discussion is ONLY about this coming weekend. It's the normal deal fer all other events.

#404's Dad
07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by quadscrib
I don't thinl it's gonna be an issue. If we are there we'll race. I think due to other events around the state taking place the turnout will be low anyways. Very unlikely that well have an issue when it comes down to it.
We (speaking from a PTR member perspective) will not any unsafe situations occur. Also all keep in mind this discussion is ONLY about this coming weekend. It's the normal deal fer all other events.

Prolly won't you're right just hate to see it happen

djdfairchild
07-21-2010, 10:41 AM
i think i am going to stay home now, i will save the hotel money and goto battle creek in a couple weeks. i really hate to not goto portland because i really like the track but just to far for a light turn out.