PDA

View Full Version : 70cc engine wont rev

ewathen
07-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Need help!

70cc Drr ran fine last time we rode it. toward the end of riding, it wouldnt rev out. only about 1/2 throttle. picked the rear end off the ground and it woud rev. Thought it was the torque spring.

today. put in new torque spring, quad started ok, ran a little rough for about 10 mins, the same thing happens again. it wont rev past about 1/4 throttle even with the rear wheels off the ground.

Things ok:

Reeds
Plug
Clutch side crank seal - put it in today.
Carb

What should I be looking for or testing?

Thanks!

Eric

fomospede
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
start with the cvt , you must have a rpm gauge to check the rpm engagement if to low then check those springs on the clutch if they are soft your clutch shoes will start engaging prior to the engines ability to pull ,also verify the rollers and sliders are in good shape .if all is correct there . repost and someone will help you work thru it:)

djdfairchild
07-18-2010, 06:42 PM
i had the same problem, it was my pvl, i would imagine if you have a stock stator(instead of pvl) would be the same thing.

selbygirl
07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
chek your ground wires check the factory wires wher they plug in together i think it the orange and black wire that go to the coil and the cdi box i hard wired mine and i seen it happen to another bike i think the connection vibrates and gives a bad contection ande if you still have the factory kill switch get rid of it you can just by pass it for now to see if that helps good luck tommy

fomospede
07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
update please!?!?

ewathen
07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Have not had a chance to work on it. Got the stator off and ordering a new one along with cdi and coil. have had electrical issues in the past and want to start new.

Eric

ewathen
08-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I have replaced the stator, cdi and coil and now I have no spark. Is there anyone around Indianapolis with all of the parts that would let me come over and try pieces one at a time and help me trouble shoot this. I am about ready to blow this thing up!

weldr383
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
unplug the black wire with white stripe coming out of the cdi.if you have spark that wire is grounded somewere. if the old cdi was a stock one they run on a reverse ground.

ewathen
08-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Ended up just being a bad coil. Bike runs awesome now.