PDA

View Full Version : Boots?

bkelley
07-18-2010, 01:46 AM
I've always just worn a normal pair of work boots or an old pair of shoes while riding. I know it's not the smartest thing, I've just never invested in a pair of real boots. Main reason is I have a pretty big (really wide) foot and I know it's not gonna be easy finding a comfortable fit. Depending on the shoe, I wear a 13 or 14. After the last trip, and another wasted pair of shoes, I've decided to break down a get a pair. Problem is, I don't have a lot to spend.

I've had my eye one these MSR VX1 ATV Boots (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/1073/ITEM/MSR-Racing-VX1-ATV-Boots.aspx) for a while now. They've got good reviews and apparently run big. I've always liked MSR and the price is definitely right.

Other ones that caught my eye were the O'Neal Racing Elements (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/22980/ITEM/ONeal-Racing-Element-Boots.aspx) and Thor Quadrant 1 ATV (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/31756/ITEM/Thor-Motocross-Quadrant-1-ATV-Boots.aspx).

So, has anyone had any personal experience with any of the above mentioned boots? Or know of any that would work for me?

99400esex
07-18-2010, 06:07 AM
I have a pair of Fox comp 5 boots, the white and black ones with the skulls. The only other boots Ive had before were alpinestars and im pretty sure I like the Fox ones better. There extremely comfortable and durable, werent as expensive as some of the other companies either. I highly reccomend them

KFX450Rrider490
07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
for the price id say go for the thor quadrant. i personally wear a 13 street shoe and have a 12 in the boots so they run pretty big. my one friend also has a size 13 shoe and wears short fly boots and loves them.

good luck!

HondaRacing83
07-18-2010, 12:28 PM
i also have huge feet for my age(i wear size 11/12mens)but i wear RED/BLACK Thor Quadrant boots,there super nice and,i have the mx version though,still love em,i always used to do what you did too and just wore shoes,well i ruined 3 pairs of shoes in a week so i decided it was time to buy some boots,i got these for a steel.my buddy was selling them,he ordered the wrong size so he sold them to me for $50!i just have to get used to not being able to move my ankles very much,you might wanna get like some dr.scholls gel insoles so there more comfy though

bkelley
07-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
i also have huge feet for my age(i wear size 11/12mens)but i wear RED/BLACK Thor Quadrant boots,there super nice and,i have the mx version though,still love em,i always used to do what you did too and just wore shoes,well i ruined 3 pairs of shoes in a week so i decided it was time to buy some boots,i got these for a steel.my buddy was selling them,he ordered the wrong size so he sold them to me for $50!i just have to get used to not being able to move my ankles very much,you might wanna get like some dr.scholls gel insoles so there more comfy though Yeah, I was leaning towards the Quadrants. They seem to be pretty nice. Only thing is there is there are two different pairs. Thor Quadrant, which are normally $150 but on sale for $111, and Thor Quadrant 1, priced at $99. So I'm wondering if the onces on clearance would be any different than the other ones. They are '10 model and the others are '11 models. That's probably the difference.

This is the pair on clearance for $111: Thor Quadrant ATV Boot (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/15906/ITEM/Thor-Motocross-Quadrant-ATV-Boots.aspx)

HondaRacing83
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
Yeah, I was leaning towards the Quadrants. They seem to be pretty nice. Only thing is there is there are two different pairs. Thor Quadrant, which are normally $150 but on sale for $111, and Thor Quadrant 1, priced at $99. So I'm wondering if the onces on clearance would be any different than the other ones. They are '10 model and the others are '11 models. That's probably the difference.

This is the pair on clearance for $111: Thor Quadrant ATV Boot (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/19/219/15906/ITEM/Thor-Motocross-Quadrant-ATV-Boots.aspx) are they both atv boots?the only difference bettween the mx and the atv botts are the atv has a little more tread,i would buy those ones on clearance with free shipping,they seem like a good deal,you will have to move your shifter way up if you have nerf bars on your quad,you will also have to loosen the netting a bit

bkelley
07-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
are they both atv boots?the only difference bettween the mx and the atv botts are the atv has a little more tread,i would buy those ones on clearance with free shipping,they seem like a good deal,you will have to move your shifter way up if you have nerf bars on your quad,you will also have to loosen the netting a bit Yeah, they're both ATV boots. I like the look of the $99 ones better but I'm wondering if the $111 ones are nicer.

HondaRacing83
07-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
Yeah, they're both ATV boots. I like the look of the $99 ones better but I'm wondering if the $111 ones are nicer. im not sure,if you want to spend 300-600 you could get some very nice alpinestars/sidi/gaerne,also ever looked at NO FEAR boots?i believe there 170$ and pretty nice look on there website