PDA

View Full Version : Buy American!!

drchoicey
07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Polaris to unload plant in Wisconsin
About 500 Osceola workers will lose jobs to south of border.

Screw Polaris! Buy an Arctic Cat!

coryatver
07-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by drchoicey

Screw Polaris! Buy an Arctic Cat!

and arctic cat engines are made in japan. who cares. Company's have to do what they have to do.

drchoicey
07-17-2010, 11:33 PM
You are exactly Wrong about that. The new Arctic Cat 700
and 950 were designed and built in the USA!
"Company's have to do what they have to do."?!?!
I guess your dad still HAS a job

coryatver
07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
AC atv engines are made usa but arctic cat snowmobile engines wont be made in the usa until 2014 at there st cloud facility right now they are made by suzuki. Polaris snowmobile motors are made in the usa, and also there victory motorcycles are still made in the USA so it is no different.

Most US workers demand full benifits and 20 dollars an hour to bolt a part on if not they would rather just sit at home and smoke weed, get drunk and watch opera and get a check. If you want to work and don't mind doing some hard work there are jobs out there. Mexicans will work for minimum wage every day of the week for 12 hours a day and are happy to have a job. This is 2010 the world is flat. Sorry my daddy doesn't buy my toys but I do have a job

BuB400
07-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Everyone blames the worker making $20 an hour. How come nobody ever mentions how much the upper management /ceo makes?

drchoicey
07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Coryatver,
Why do you hate your own country and co-workers so much?

"Most US workers demand full 'benifits' and 20 dollars an hour"
So it's wrong to make a decent wage and have benefits?

"smoke weed, get drunk and watch opera"
What!?!?

"If you want to work and don't mind doing some hard work there are jobs out there"
9.8 % of the country would disagree with this statement right now

"Mexicans will work for minimum wage every day of the week for 12 hours a day and are happy to have a job."
That is true and I admire them for that. But you wouldn't want to live there and neither do they.

coryatver
07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
sorry i am just angry.
I see Help wanted ads in business windows all over, and help wanted in the classifieds. Some people just do not want to take a job that isn't good enough for them or take a pay cut from what they used to make.

There are also many high paying jobs just people are not qualified to do them. People go to college for some bs major and party for 4 years and don't know why they can't find a decent job lol. Go for engineering or something like that there are lots of jobs available there actually are not enough qualified people to fill them.

And it ticks me off people blaming Companies for moving factories to other countries. They are a business. They have to do whats best for there company and keep it competitive. It is more cost effective to build atvs or say cars in mexico than right here. Why is that?? Why do Japanese Car companies make Cars in the USA but US companies make them somewhere else? Part of it is the laws of our country that make them have to do this and maybe they can't find a labor force here that will work hard for what they have to pay? I really don't know but something is messed up.

Just don't blame it on the company what they supposed to do keep there factory here and run themselves out of business?

TRXRacer1
07-22-2010, 11:07 AM

Screw Polaris! Buy an Arctic Cat! That's just idiotic and uneducated. Those jobs are going to Iowa and Minnesota. :rolleyes:

The new mex plant is intended for keeping up with overseas sales. Don't be mad with Polaris because WI is a horrible place to do business.

Coryatver,
Why do you hate your own country and co-workers so much?

As far as I can tell Corey loves America like I do and is tired of lazy idiots ruining our workforce with ridiculous demands. Unions will treat unskilled positions like skilled and then wonder why assembly plants leave the country. Installing a bolt is the same as building a big mac and should not warrant a dime more in pay.

BuB400
07-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Ridiculous demands won't happen for a while. With the economy like it is, employers are calling the shots now, not the employees. And TRXRacer is right,Wisconsin is taxing and driving business right out of the state. Yet the state still complains of a defecit.

drchoicey
07-23-2010, 08:49 PM
"That's just idiotic and uneducated."

Thanks for the personal attack

"Those jobs are going to Iowa and Minnesota. "

Polaris to close Osceola plant
By The Associated Press

Osceola - Polaris Industries Inc. says it will shut down it plant in the western Wisconsin city of Osceola.

KARE-TV reports that police were outside the plant when officials announced the closure Thursday.

The Medina, Minn.-based maker of snowmobiles, ATVs and Victory motorcycles says it's moving many of the operations to a new facility in the Monterrey-Saltillo area of Mexico.

Since you were wrong do I get to call you names now?

Please, both of you, NEVERMIND.
I wanted to alert everybody to what I thought was a bad thing.
I thought maybe we could start a letter campaign or something.
I never dreamed that some people would actually SUPPORT
throwing Americans out of work to save a few bucks.
Amazing

dgmiller
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
i support unions and i'm glad you posted this. everybody talk about the $20 hour wages but look at prices of polaris. how many south of the border people buy these polaris????

mx8
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
My union cut my pay. Unions are not worth ****. They protect the lazy who don't want to work.

dgmiller
12-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by mx8
My union cut my pay. Unions are not worth ****. They protect the lazy who don't want to work.

thats kind of a broad statement don't ya think. :huh not all unions are bad. my company screws with people all the time and i'm glad we have a union to fight to keep our jobs.

chris p.
12-23-2010, 04:44 AM
mx8 your union cut your pay ?? don't you have collective bargaining where you get to vote on a contract ?? if you do,then it was the body that voted on this pay cut,not the '' UNION '' even though they are sitting pretty in D.C. right now while the rest of us wonder where the next job will be but that's another story ......

TacicalRedneck
06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by coryatver

Not reading all this.... but if a buisness does whats best for them, shouldn't they try and get some brownie points with their biggest customer?

As sad as it is, most companies are moving from the US.... So what if a guy wants what he does to work.... That's our standard of living... That's what the guy needs to get by now a days what with all the taxxes and such... plus the boys in gov't are pinning everyone down in the US with ridiculous taxxes and such.... (including the factories...)

54warrior
07-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll be happy to Buy American, when Yamaha finally builds a sporty SxS at their facility here in the US. Until then, Polaris can keep their stuff.

2001400exrida
07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
harley davidson is made in american too, but you'll still see me on my Honda streetbike 9 times out of ten. You couldn't pay me to buy a polaris ATV, they're junk.

unions are absolutely the most inefficient way to run a good economy. You've got union labor which is usually good, but any person trying to run a legitimate competing business of their own gets shunned and ruined by union. Unions are terrible. They offer great training, but the efficiency is poor. I am forced to hire union work quite often at my job. I will take estimates from several contractors at a time, most are union. I can't tell you how many times i've tried to hire a non union company because their estimate was more fair and they tell me "sorry we can't work there, that's a union area and they'll bust out our windows and trash our job site if we work on that building". Like come on!