PDA

View Full Version : help MOTO93

11-29-2001, 09:11 AM
I saw your sons 250ex put 400ex tires on his 4wheeler.
I just sold my 400 in waiting for a new one with reverse. I bought me and the wife a 250ex, I have done every performance mod that can be done, it has more torque than it can use. How does your sons ride with the 2" smaller tire. does it kill all the top end speed (though it even exist). How low is the rear diff now. I just cant stand the floatly fell of the stocker. I have a brand new set of 400ex tires, but I dont want to mount them up if they will kill the performance. I like trail climbing and sand play, I just dont want to drag everywhere and I dont want a 35mph top speed either.

thanks for the help

Paul:macho

moto93
11-29-2001, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pholt
How does your sons ride with the 2" smaller tire.

It rides great! I think it's less tippy and it slides easier.

does it kill all the top end speed (though it even exist).

No, actually I think it's about the same. The stock tires were harder to pull in high gear and kinda bogged the motor a bit. With the 20's the motor revs easier. Acceleration is GREATLY improved!

How low is the rear diff now.

It's a little lower of course but not low enough to really bother anything.... at least for us anyway!

thanks for the help

You're Welcome!

Hope this helps,

11-29-2001, 12:15 PM
I have done all the mods, full pipe, jet,k&N, and I also ported andpolished the head. I also put on wheel spacers. Eventhough
I ended up machining the rear spacers down a 1/1/2" since they WERE WAY too wide. I am really impressed with how much power this little thing has. After the mods It could hang with my 400 until about 3rd. Not bad... The pipe woke this thing up 3 times as well as a pipe did on my 400.

Anyway thanks for the reply I am leaving here in a while to have the 400ex radial's mounted up, I want some more stability. If you say they rode good then I will give it a try.

How low is the rear diff now.

It's a little lower of course but not low enough to really bother anything.... at least for us anyway!

Yea it still probalby is taller than my 400. That is the one thing i hate about chain drive.

Thanks Again

Paul

moto93
11-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by pholt
Anyway thanks for the reply I am leaving here in a while to have the 400ex radial's mounted up, I want some more stability. If you say they rode good then I will give it a try.

Thanks Again

Paul

You're Welcome Paul. Let me know what you think after you try them out.

11-29-2001, 11:21 PM
pholt,

Im in the market for a pipe right now for my EX and was wondering what pipe you have and how you like it? do you wish you would have got a diffrent one? please do tell....

11-30-2001, 07:17 AM
Well I got the Tires mouted, after they tried to charge me $60.00. I just noticed they mounted them As@ backwards, I love people that try so hard.

250ex4now

I like your name but dont act like a 250 ex is setteling. I had a 400ex and sold it, now what does that say, I am 28 and I love the 250ex. For trail climbing and general fun the 400 is not near as fun as the 250. I will wait one more year for honda to come up with a 400 that has reverse, or I will go raptor.

I bought the Graydon Proline head pipe and silencer, reason is they are one of the few out there. And they told me they will claim the highest horsepower increase when they publish there dyno numbers, no one else would say that???

As of now I would choose the Graydon, I was not real impressed with the fit of there head pipe, but just like they said it did not leak.

They claimed with the pipe and the filter a 25% increase in power over stock, I would say that is pretty close. Stock my bike would never blink at my 400.

Now the 250 will stay with my 400 until 3rd, and actually out of the gate, it can get my 400 by a bike length or so, it does have more low end torque now.

It is not overly loud, but it does sound good. I like it. If you buy the head pipe and the silencer they send a new jet for the carburator, and buy the k&N and remove the air box lid, after you do this, it has about 10%more power than a 300, and much more torque... This is a very unique little bike and it responds to mods well.

11-30-2001, 09:12 AM
pholt,

Im happy with my 250ex I took it out last weekend and my nephews just bought blaster two of them 2002's and I just started mine up in cold start and no problem I let it sit there idling (warming up) while I got ready.... They had to kick and kick and kick and kick to get them started.... I said "Shoada botha honda" lol I did motice however that it lacked a little top end power... so what you get your Graydon Proline head pipe and silencer for $$ how much? do they have a website?

I just removed all them funky looking stickers off my quad last night and I like it alot better...

And I just also recieved news that im getting a Big Bear? I think it yamaha? from a family member from my wifes side... The bike works great its just that he cant afford to pay no more and doesnt want to ruin his credit... One year left to pay $70 hehehe

11-30-2001, 04:55 PM
Here is the home page

www.graydonproline.com

blaster two of them 2002's and I just started mine up in cold start and no problem>

I like the blaster, but it is not half the bike this one is, on quality. Actually you hit my only pet peeve about Honda, they usually dont start worth a crap in the cold. My 96 300fourtrax left my rear stranded many times in Colorado, in the deep cold, very mad, because it would not start, and it was pointless to try to kick the beast. Honda makes ALL there 4 strokes very cold natured, to keep from fowling plugs, you will never foul a plug in a honda, or at least very little. They dont like the cold. that is unusual 2strokes usually start pretty easy in the cold???

The pipe was right at $395.00 with the head pipe and silencer.

PS, the 400ex tires KICK SOME SERIOUS TAIL on this bike, I can send a huge roost now in sand and I can do 360's at will on hard pack dirt, slide it out in any corner. I can not tell loss in speed at all. OF COURSE THE WHEEL SPACERS HELP TOO.

THANKS MOTO.....

moto93
12-01-2001, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by pholt
PS, the 400ex tires KICK SOME SERIOUS TAIL on this bike, I can send a huge roost now in sand and I can do 360's at will on hard pack dirt, slide it out in any corner. I can not tell loss in speed at all. OF COURSE THE WHEEL SPACERS HELP TOO.

THANKS MOTO.....

You're Welcome... I thought you'd like 'em!