PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Needed Powder Coating Color

schiavo250r
07-16-2010, 06:52 PM
I am going to sell one of my Walsh CRF Chassis but I was thinking about powder coating it first. Just wanted to see what is the most popular color scheme. Frame a-arms and swing arm.

dwest86r
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
I think it is mainly personal preference but I love the blue metallic frames with silver a-arms and swingarms......thats why i chose this as my color scheme!:D

69zandar
07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Im a big fan of the stock look! can you say "sleeper!"

wilkin250r
07-17-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm so pissed, it's been several years and I'm still pissed.

I came up with a great color scheme, a dark-red frame (almost blood red, like real blood, not fake blood) and white plastics. I had never seen it, it was going to look cool.

Then Yamaha came out with that exact color scheme. :mad: I think they saw my idea here and stole it...

250Renvy
07-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm so pissed, it's been several years and I'm still pissed.

I came up with a great color scheme, a dark-red frame (almost blood red, like real blood, not fake blood) and white plastics. I had never seen it, it was going to look cool.

Then Yamaha came out with that exact color scheme. :mad: I think they saw my idea here and stole it...

I know, the factories have pretty much come out with every possible color scheme and usually do it better than we could.

I think Honda red would be the most popular, but i wouldn't powdercoat it until it's sold then do whatever color the new owner wants.

tommyboy1971
01-20-2011, 06:26 AM
what about blue laker plastic and grey NACs decals. Red frame? grey frame? maybe blue to white? any ideas?

profab250R
01-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Candy Red, Candy Blue, Black chrome is BAD ***! dark silver with a TON of metalic flake is really cool.

DnB_racing
01-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by schiavo250r
I am going to sell one of my Walsh CRF Chassis but I was thinking about powder coating it first. Just wanted to see what is the most popular color scheme. Frame a-arms and swing arm. by painting first you might turn away some buyers that want a different color, sell it bare or give the option of paint for another $225

mx Eli
01-21-2011, 07:39 PM
hey wilkin my buddy has a lsr yfz hybrid in those exact colors

fram,swinger, a arms, and shock springs all pc blood red and white plastic