PDA

View Full Version : Canadian border crossing question...

rollie
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
i want to bring a buddy of mine up to the Montreal supercross this year, but he is 17, he has his passport but will only be traveling with me, does anyone know what he needs to be able to cross the border as a minor, without a parent? other than a passport of course, haha

thanks!

Quad18star
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
He might be able to cross with just a passport since he is over the age of 16.

A letter from a guardian giving permission may work.

You best bet , call Canada Border Services and they'll let you know what's needed.

Quad18star
07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Bringing children into Canada
Border services officers are on alert for children who need protection. Children under the age of 18 seeking to enter Canada are classified as minors and are subject to the entry requirements set out under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A more detailed examination will be conducted for minors entering Canada without proper identification or those travelling in the company of adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s). This additional scrutiny helps ensure the safety of the children.

Minor children travelling alone must have proof of citizenship. We also strongly recommend that the children carry a letter from both parents (if applicable) that authorizes the person meeting them to take care of them while they are in Canada. The letter should include the length of the stay and the address and telephone numbers of the parents.

If you are travelling with minors, you must carry proper identification for each child such as a birth certificate, passport, citizenship card, permanent resident card or Certificate of Indian Status. If you are not the parent or guardian of the children, you should also have written permission from the parent/guardian authorizing the trip. The letter should include addresses and telephone numbers where the parents or guardian can be reached.

Divorced or separated parents should carry custody or legal separation documents and/or a letter of authorization to facilitate their entry into Canada.

If you are travelling with a group of vehicles, make sure you arrive at the border in the same vehicle as your children, to avoid any confusion.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5082-eng.html

Guy400
07-16-2010, 06:10 AM
And don't be a wise *** to the border agent. I was on my way to Windsor with a car load of buddies for a bachelor party and when the agent asked where I was going I said "Canada" and chuckled a little. She made all of us get out of the car right there and empty our bags in the road to inspect them.

rollie
07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Thank you for the help guys!!

fastredrider44
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
And don't be a wise *** to the border agent. I was on my way to Windsor with a car load of buddies for a bachelor party and when the agent asked where I was going I said "Canada" and chuckled a little. She made all of us get out of the car right there and empty our bags in the road to inspect them.

Sounds like something I would say, also to someone with no sense of humor like it appears you ran into.

dns1764
07-16-2010, 04:36 PM
there's boarder stations up there? why do we need them, everyone knows canada belongs to america...as our hat :devil:

jesseweaver
07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
haha i was just in canada fishing last week i cant even count how many times we lied to the border patrol

Tommy Warren
07-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Be warned...once your over here you won't want to go back....:p

Quad18star
07-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
haha i was just in canada fishing last week i cant even count how many times we lied to the border patrol

Don't push your luck . All they have to do is find something that you lied about or have a suspicion that that you lied and they'll tear your vehicle apart ... every nut and bolt ... and leave you at the border to put it all back together on your own. Trust me , they did it to my uncle.

buck440
07-18-2010, 01:20 PM
canada doesn't have walls and **** like mexico right?

Tommy Warren
07-18-2010, 04:45 PM
just water....