PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Sand Dunes??

MO-EX-RIDER
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM
IS THIS PLACE WORTH DRIVING 9 HOURS TO??

i have gone to little sahara and had fun but this place looks a little better?
please fill me in on the good and bad so i know which way to go!!

jamienlogan
07-17-2010, 03:56 PM
where are you from? I drove 17 hours to idaho st anthony. The drive sucked but the best dunes you will ever ride on. I have been to little sahara oklahoma twice and that is a 10hour drive but not as fun. This year thinking about going to oragon, has anyone been there? I am from south dakota and that will be a 27 hour drive.

coryatver
07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
IS THIS PLACE WORTH DRIVING 9 HOURS TO??

i have gone to little sahara and had fun but this place looks a little better?
please fill me in on the good and bad so i know which way to go!!

if you have been to little sahara silver lake is a kitty litter box lol

bbender85
07-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
if you have been to little sahara silver lake is a kitty litter box lol

true, silver is only like 500 acres. luckily its only an hour and a half drive for me, but if its your closest option and you've never been, i'd say go for it.

any info you could ask for on the place can be found at silverlakeforum.com

Latemodel32
07-17-2010, 05:26 PM
2 hr drive away for me been there 1x back in 88 with my 88 250R havent been back since. I might take my 450R there is yr but if i dont i wont lose any sleep over it. I think its kindda boring up there. It would be fun end of july do to they have a 3 day metal concert just down the road from the dunes. (Val Du Lakes )

witech
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by jamienlogan
where are you from? I drove 17 hours to idaho st anthony. The drive sucked but the best dunes you will ever ride on. I have been to little sahara oklahoma twice and that is a 10hour drive but not as fun. This year thinking about going to oragon, has anyone been there? I am from south dakota and that will be a 27 hour drive.

I agree . If Im going to dune it will be at the real dunes of St Anthony Idaho or Little Sahara Utah . Ive been to silver lake ,live in wisconsin and always make the 20+ hour drive out west to experience the biggest and baddest the hemisphere has to offer.
Our trip to silver lake was just a hassle , waste of money ,time ,waiting in lines,overcrowded and dangerous.

cataway
08-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by witech
I a hassle , waste of money ,time ,waiting in lines,overcrowded and dangerous.

ya you can say that again ,way to many riders that dont have a clue on whats going on nor do they seam to care, for the most part its newbies .
then theres the guys that dont know what ''oneway'' means
they often get clobered coming up the south side of the so called ''hills'', oh and then theres the guys that never check to see whats on the other side of a hill ,they just lonch off and roll down the other side ,most live ...........some dont.

Oz24
08-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Jamienlogan you asked if going to Oregon was worth it. I am from the PNW and that is where I got 3-5 times a year since it is about an 8 hour drive. There are lots of different places to go Coos Bay is the Best by far, Winchester Bay which is smaller but big hill climbs, Florence Oregon which is a large riding area with vast terrain. You can also ride on the ocean which is fun and Sand Lakes which is small but fun for the kids.

If you are closer to St. Anthony's from what I hear that is the place to go. I think that is where we are going next spring break 18 hours drive (eish) but well worth it from what I hear.

It's all about experiencing different areas though. Just my .02.