PDA

View Full Version : klotz question

mycat8urskidoo
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I run either klotz benol or klotz r50 in my 250r and I am out, I have a gallon of Klotz snowmobile techniplate sitting in the garage and was wondering whether or not it'd hurt to run it in the quad, I personally couldn't see it doing harm, its still klotz and has all the certs and specs of regular techniplate, I just didn't know if someone a little more knowledgeable about oils would have a different opinion

mycat8urskidoo
07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
57 views and not a single reply , not too many sled riders out there? well im going to try it , i think the only difference between a snowmobile oriented oil and a general 2 stroke oil would probably be the cold pour temperature, which i belive on klotz is negative 40 degrees or something like that, I'll post up if i happen to fry the motor in the next couple of gallons of fuel

red88r
07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
You can run it in there with no problems. I have done the same thing in a pinch.

mycat8urskidoo
07-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Cool thanks for the reply

tritty_wall
07-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I Think your right that the only different is the snowmoblie is made for colder temps. Thanks

deathman53
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
thats all I use. I buy the snowmobile stuff, 4 years on the same to end. I only had to change it because I assembled the PV the wrong way(the gasket was leaking) and it hit the piston. I used it 32:1 for 2 atvs. When I used it on my ktm 200exc, I had to lean the mix to 40:1, it was fouling plugs. It also has fuel stabilizer in it, another reason to use it, if you don't ride that often.

addictedtomud
07-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Another good reason to use it is in the winter, BeNol and R50 both have castor oil which will separate from fuel in cold temps (like below 30 deg.) snowmobile oil wont separate on you this winter...

mycat8urskidoo
07-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
thats all I use. I buy the snowmobile stuff, 4 years on the same to end. I only had to change it because I assembled the PV the wrong way(the gasket was leaking) and it hit the piston. I used it 32:1 for 2 atvs. When I used it on my ktm 200exc, I had to lean the mix to 40:1, it was fouling plugs. It also has fuel stabilizer in it, another reason to use it, if you don't ride that often.

Hell i'll probably do the same, no point in having one oil for the sleds and a different for the quad if it will do the same thing, thanks