PDA

View Full Version : Motor Work! Send to..........

OutlawEX
07-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Well last year I was involved with putting together a National built Raptor 250. Not many companies out there are building National MX parts for these machines. I contacted Rage ATV and they never had one there to work on like most engine builders. Well before rage touched it, I beleive it was 16hp. After we shipped it from Toledo Ohio all the way to Texas and picked it up at the National....WOW... This thing was very peppy and had lots of power. With the fuel and set up Rage set us up with we were pushing 34hp. So if any of you are needing some more power, Rage now offers a engine package. Tell them Brandon Jones sent ya!

The bike is raced by SnoX-139

sno-x139
07-15-2010, 07:27 PM
NO NO NO!
Tell them Jacob Geeseman sent you. lol
But seriously, without a doubt Rage is the place to send you engine. They will hook you up! Mine is the fastest Raptor I have seen, but I havent raced anyone else with a Rage Motor.

BTW, both of mine are for sale.

They both have Rage National Motors. LSR LT A-arms. Gusseted frames. Both are sweet bikes and ready to race at a National.

OutlawEX can vouch for them.

Bottom Line is tell Rage that I sent you!

mxslevnik69
07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Rage is deffinately the best motor builder out there!

Also about Geesemans quads, They are super nice! He's selling them way less than what they're worth, just my opinion...

OutlawEX
07-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Very nice bikes...Yep I sold him all the parts and talked him into using rage

mxslevnik69
08-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Don't bad mouth rage if you have no idea what your talking about. I've gotten my raptor and Honda 450 done by them, you don't have to pick your parts up at a national. Dee is a wonderful and super knowledgeable guy, he'll have an answer for any question you'll ever have pertaining to your quad. If rage was such a joke they wouldn't have people racing and winning in almost every 450 class And the 300 class at nationals, including the pros! Rage is easily the best motor builder out there for the raptor 250. My best friend had a hetrick motor in his raptor last season and I had the rage motor, mine was so much faster than his it was rediculous!

quadracer707
08-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Did any of you guys no if either of your 250's were stroked?? It seems all these company's just do head work & carb piston etc, but no one can tell me if they stroked it +4mm to get it to 300cc, then I can compare them to the 300 honda's that are really ripping out there,
We have a 250 & I just ordered the crank, only so my son can put in before he goes away. As of now it has everything else done to it & is way more then he can Handle,

Ken

mxslevnik69
08-28-2010, 07:32 PM
yeah,mine is stroked and bored. it makes wayy more bottom end and all around power than just boring the cylinder. it also makes it easier on your starter to start your quad.

quadracer707
08-29-2010, 10:38 AM
How is it doing racing against the Honda's?? Have you done any nationals??

mxslevnik69
08-29-2010, 05:05 PM
It holds its own pretty good actually. I only raced one national last year and I crashed and broke my hip and pelvis the first lap haha

vondeister
09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
our Rage Powered Raptor finished a close 2nd overall in the EDT National series. Racing in a Honda world our little 2 valve Raptor did well. The rage power is very reliable. we have won a few moto's in the National series.....this is no joke.

shaungray89
09-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Hetrick300
Rage is just a laughing stock of clowns!!!!! If you want a real motor send it to HETRICK RACING!!!!!! There motors are fast and they always have a 250 motor in there and the service of Hetrick Racing is absolutaly umbelivibal they are so great with u they listen to what you have to say and they do everything to please you and get you back out on the track I sent mine off to them and got it back in a WEEK!!! And unlike stupid Rage u dont have to go pick it up at a national... Hetrick gets it to you ASAP!!!!! And there motors are unbelivible FAST!!!! It rips m puting out35hp and it will run with a Intermidiate riding level 450!!!!

not gonna say anything against hetrick but definatly support rage they are amazing people and if rage is horrble why does joel hetrick ride a rage powered kawi???????

cosinostra
12-28-2010, 10:47 AM
CT has amazing power it is said to be the fastest or at least the second fastest one Allen Knowles has built as he said himself.

Did you have any problems with CT?

I prefer an engine builder I can have a two way conversation with. One I can trust...............

Anyone work with Moto Xperts ??

mxdad423
12-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cosinostra

I prefer an engine builder I can have a two way conversation with. One I can trust...............

Anyone work with Moto Xperts ??

Good Luck carrying on a conversastion with CT, all they want is your money. Their claiming they get 34 HP out of their 250 kit, LMAO.......NOT on a Dyno.............If you want EXCELLANT customere service, a reliable engine, and REAL HP out of a Raptor 250, Rage is the only way to go. Dee and Michelle are AWSOME. Remember, anybody can claim they are making HP, but lets see the Dyno sheet.

sno-x139
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
One problem with Rage is that Dee tries to get way more money out of you to get stuff that you dont need to make the big power, he overcharges way to much!!

Oh yeah, when have you done anything through rage? You dont know so shut your effin mouth! Ive dealt with them for 3 years, you havent. And if its more expensive than CT well you get what you pay for. So Id rather pay a lil more initially than having to rebuild the motor 3-4 times in a season.

Dont run your mouth if you dont know!

mxdad423
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Absolutly no problems with CT. They get stuff to you when you need it and they try to get the most out of your bike for the money your willing to pay, they do not overcharge and my motor makes very good power. You can have a two way coversation, they will help you get what you need. And you will have no problem trusting them. One problem with Rage is that Dee tries to get way more money out of you to get stuff that you dont need to make the big power, he overcharges way to much!!

Well I guess everybody has there people that they like to deal with, but I know when I was doing my shopping for our engine, CT was one of the first places I called, it was almost like they didn't even want to talk to me, yes, no answers with no explenation.
I will just put it this way, I only spent a couple hundred dollars more going with Rage, and I didn't have to touch the motor, crate it up, send it, recieve it, bolt it in and go racing, plus got more and better parts than what I would of got with CT. MY opinion Rage is the only way to go.

Kevin Smitley

sno-x139
12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
And I havn't had to rebuild my motor 3-4 times a season.

yet...

QuadJunkies
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by cosinostra

I prefer an engine builder I can have a two way conversation with. ...........

AMEN to that !!

Dee will be molesting , I mean... rebuilding my sons motor in the next month :devil:
Were building for some power, but were actually building for long races so we wont be power housing this motor to the hilt. Gotta keep it reliable.

QuadJunkies
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Haha dude you dont even know just buying a pipe through Rage was a joke I must agree he is very nice and helpful person, but I don't agree with his work... different strokes for different folks. Im sure there is people who feels that with your builder. :chinese:

QuadJunkies
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I know of ALOT that dont even return phone calls... :uhoh:

In todays market, I would think builders would return EEEVERY call .
Customer service goes a long ways in my book .

bignasty
02-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by sno-x139
NO NO NO!
Tell them Jacob Geeseman sent you. lol
But seriously, without a doubt Rage is the place to send you engine. They will hook you up! Mine is the fastest Raptor I have seen, but I havent raced anyone else with a Rage Motor.

BTW, both of mine are for sale.

They both have Rage National Motors. LSR LT A-arms. Gusseted frames. Both are sweet bikes and ready to race at a National.

OutlawEX can vouch for them.

Bottom Line is tell Rage that I sent you!
Can u send me info on your bikes for sale. Pictures also if u have them;
leroysexcavating@windstream.net
Thanks

rageatvsupermom
02-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I have dealt with Rage just so you know. And I havn't had to rebuild my motor 3-4 times a season.

I am curious who you are, if you have dealt with us and that we over charge? I don't get on here much but this was brought to our attention. I was under the impression from quite a few customers that we were cheaper than many of the engine builders out there. Are you comparing the same products to each other?
What was the issue with the pipe that was a joke?

I ask that before you start bashing me, you would at least have the courtesy of
allowing us to make it right before you get on the forum with you accusations.

Thanks Michele
Rage ATV Racing

QuadJunkies
02-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Agreed !
I know alot of concerns an individual has can simply be solved with good communication and feedback .

edwardsp&b
02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
I just sat down and read this thread, and all I can say is WOW!......Cmon guys I could tell that the Hetrick300 guy was a moron just by reading his posts......people like that make me sick, why couldnt you just post that CT was good to deal with and leave it at that? Why argue for the sake of arguing? Thats whats wrong with America now, too many know it alls that dont know squat! Next time do us all a favor and wait about 10 minutes to gather your thoughts before you post. Prove to everyone that your not as retarded as you sound.
Bryan

edwardsp&b
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Quadjunkies, I was starting a mod build a couple of months ago and was curious as to what builder I wanted to use so I had some questions. I called 3 VERY reputable builders and race teams and neither one of them called back. One did call back and was suppose to send me some parts, that was Thanksgiving and I still havent recieved them. I just went with our sponsors on CVTs and they helped me piece it together. I was pretty surprised no one would at least call me back. I run a Paint and body shop, and I wouldnt last long doing business that way.

And Hetrick300 I know your reading this post, take some notes. I stated that I too have had problems but I didnt slam anybody. Thats how its done.
Bryan

QuadJunkies
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Quadjunkies, I was starting a mod build a couple of months ago and was curious as to what builder I wanted to use so I had some questions. I called 3 VERY reputable builders and race teams and neither one of them called back. One did call back and was suppose to send me some parts, that was Thanksgiving and I still havent recieved them. I just went with our sponsors on CVTs and they helped me piece it together. I was pretty surprised no one would at least call me back. I run a Paint and body shop, and I wouldnt last long doing business that way.

And Hetrick300 I know your reading this post, take some notes. I stated that I too have had problems but I didnt slam anybody. Thats how its done.
Bryan

That is a shame. We have been racing for rougly nine years and have seen it all. Its too bad. Folks give themself a bad rep when they do this.
so your still waiting on parts you purchaced that long ago? I would be furious. Can you get a refund?
When we had a mini hybrid once ..we had a builder who wouldnt return our call on one of our other quads they were supposed to be working on. He would not return our calls ..nothing after 4 months. So my husband made a surprise visit at 7am tp pick up our quads ...to find it sitting outside in the pouring rain with the motor torn apart. We had to call the police tp come get our quads. We found out that the same officer had problems with this same guy with his own quad. This builder is no longer in buisness.

edwardsp&b
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
It wasnt like that.....I dont think I ever got charged for it even though I gave my info. It never came and I picked one up off a friend at the track. No big deal, stuff happens, I was just trying to make a point to others on this site.

One day they will come calling and they might get the cold shoulder......Things always has a way of turning around like that. It also seems that alot of quad riders/companies are getting that dirtbike mentality, *******s!!
Bryan

QuadJunkies
02-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Well thats good to hear. Were really excited to have brandon out riding again and cant wait for Dee to work his magic on ours! :-) we have heard alot of good feedback from his customers which is why we are making the choice we did

rageatvsupermom
02-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Well I can say we are not perfect, and never claimed to be. Everyone wants to talk to Dee...no my feelings are not hurt. lol But it is true, he can not answer every phone call, port all the heads, build motors, test, dyno and everything else that goes on here in a single day. We don't have someone else port our heads, or build our motors, so yes sometimes we do take longer than others do. We don't want cookie cutter engines, we try to custom tailor each motor to each rider.

I think I know who the Hetrick300 young man is, he called here a month or so ago upset his one motor did not run as well with one certain carb, Dee tried to help with the info he gave, but the motor he was talking about we did not build or port the head so it was hard to know what was going on. The motor you say we did for you was not built by us, we just ported the head, and sold you a pipe, if you had motor issues then you need to discuss that with who ever built your motor. I don't know the combination you have on your motor to even discuss. Like I stated earlier if you had a problem you could have come to us.

Thanks for your time.
Michele
Rage Atv Racing

QuadJunkies
02-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow.. all that slander and the motor wasnt even built by Rage.
AMAZING ..:rolleyes:

MICHELLE ..im sure you know just az much as Dee on these lil rippers! Lol
I remember talking to Jennifer Rath once a long time ago about us girls. We know more than some guys give us credit for! Haha!
Troy told me to watch to an estimate email today.
please tell Dee thank you for his time today answering our questions. ALOT of builders dont do that and we appreciate it.

rageatvsupermom
02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Well, we do appreciate that, and don't not return calls on purpose....no one is more important than anyone else. Just ask my daughter, she never gets a new part, she gets whatever we have and deals with it. (poor girl):(

I will send the email today and glad Dee could be of help, I do know some things but Dee knows where the power needs to
be and I can't always figure out what cam and so on. Many men do not want to talk to us gals, regardless if I tell them the exact same thing. lol

hwf-racing
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
We bought John Willhoit Raptor. Rage Built the engine and I can't believe how fast and reliable the engine runs. Second, I talked with Dee about later engine mods and about our current engine. Dee does not know me and stopped what he was doing to just talk. In my book, that is great customer relations," Thanks Dee". Derek Freeman/ HWF Racing

vondeister
02-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Our RAGE engine's and customer service from RAGE have been outstanding!

Performance, Reliability, and Communications are 3 things that are need to race at high levels. RAGE DELIVERS!

I don't want to leave out my rider, as he is getting it done as well!

rageatvsupermom
02-16-2011, 12:24 PM
We are not naive enough to believe the motor makes the rider....that is so not the case. The rider makes the motor look good, and we have been very fortunate to have awesome riders showcase our products.

Thanks Bill for your support and tell Tyler we hope to come to one of the races this year to cheer him on!!!!!!!!

Michele

mxdad423
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Dee and Michelle are AWSOME......Any time I call with questions they always answer them with no problem. We can't wait to get our engine back in the frame and go racing with Rage power...Thanks Dee and Michelle......

Kevin Smitley

rageatvsupermom
02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
We can't wait for you to have it either Kevin, it is almost done...should be anytime now!!!!!!

mxdad423
02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
We can't wait for you to have it either Kevin, it is almost done...should be anytime now!!!!!!

Thanks Michelle, were still trying to get our new trailer set up, just isn't enough hours in a day, I'm sure you and Dee know how that is. We didn't get the new trailer delivered until the second week in Jan., I have been working on a few hours every night after work since, don't seem like I got anywhere yet, LOL.....
Thanks again for everything that you and Dee have done for us so far, Brandon and I really appriciate it and are glad to be on board with Rage.

Thanks again,
Keivn Smitley

rageatvsupermom
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Thanks Michelle, were still trying to get our new trailer set up, just isn't enough hours in a day, I'm sure you and Dee know how that is. We didn't get the new trailer delivered until the second week in Jan., I have been working on a few hours every night after work since, don't seem like I got anywhere yet, LOL.....
Thanks again for everything that you and Dee have done for us so far, Brandon and I really appriciate it and are glad to be on board with Rage.

Thanks again,
Keivn Smitley

I do understand Kevin, but there has to be light at the end of the tunnel right? We don't need the thanks, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be apart of your program, hopefully we can meet you and Brandon sometime this year. The raptor 250 builds have been fun and they are our pet project so to speak.

I hope the trailer project goes smoothly from now on, I do know about needing more hours in the day, I wish at times I could clone Dee but then I would have two :eek2:

QuadJunkies
02-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Lmao!

mxdad423
02-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
I do understand Kevin, but there has to be light at the end of the tunnel right? We don't need the thanks, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be apart of your program, hopefully we can meet you and Brandon sometime this year. The raptor 250 builds have been fun and they are our pet project so to speak.

I hope the trailer project goes smoothly from now on, I do know about needing more hours in the day, I wish at times I could clone Dee but then I would have two :eek2:

LOL, Just think how much more could get done with 2 of him. I wish I could clone myself sometimes, but my wife always tells me that she couldn't handle 2 of me......LOL....
Im sure we will get to meet at some point this year, I was going to fly down and pick up our engine when it was done just so I could say hello in person but the airlines wont let you fly anything over 50lbs, so that wasn't going to work.

Kevin Smitley