PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Question

GTRider256
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Does a rear shock on a 08 450er have oil or nitrogen in it? Also does anybody know of a good shop in south jersey because it is leaking some what looks to be tranny fluid somewhere behind the cylinder and there is some on the shock that area but I took it to a shop and they said they couldn't find a leak and I got it home took it around the block and there is oil again

Butter
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Where at in South Jersey? Bad Boys Cycle in Vineland, NJ is one of best shops around. The owner is just plain awesome. Real easy going, and will help you out with price, parts, and diagnosis. The mechanic is one of the best around as well. He split cases, rebuilt the whole tranny, and had it back together in 2 days working flawlessly. Plus the labor rate is lower than anyone else at $60 an hour.

The rear shock has both oil and nitrogen in it. The oil, is it on the linkage or shaft of the shock? If its on the upper parts like the body and spring of the shock, most likely its blowing out the crank case vent, meaning your overfilling your oil, or combustion is getting in your crank case, and pushing oil out. Plus the shock would feel like a pogo stick if there's that much oil on it each time you ride.

GTRider256
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks I live in beuna so that's perfect but there is actually oil on the piggyback resie

DnB_racing
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
are you sure that the oil isnt from your air cleaner drain?if oil is red it could just be to much oil on air filter

sunco
07-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I just blew the line on my rear shock. It was rubbing on the inside. Might have been the air box. Gotta ck it out. getting my shock back today. That was a bummer, lesson learned

GTRider256
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I didn't check that but I will but I haven't cleaned my filter recently, not that I let it go but haven't been riding for a hot minute but does that tranny side have a crankcase vent also