PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with dynojets

416racer
07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
I hear alot of negative info about dynojets, what's the deal

JOHNDOE83
07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
The jet sizing is different, they have an adapter piece you have to install, the sizes arent %100 accurate.

Theres really nothing wrong with them, but keihin is a higher quality and could be changed out alot easier.

TRXRacer1
07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
They're a gimic. A+ to them for making a market for themselves but they rarely address the low end properly and if you already have an adjustable needle you pay for a lot of crap you don't need. Even the $3 generic keihin jets are a better deal then DJ. When you have a forum full of knowledge like here there really is no point to paying extra for a set of instructions.

honda400ex2003
07-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
They're a gimic. A+ to them for making a market for themselves but they rarely address the low end properly and if you already have an adjustable needle you pay for a lot of crap you don't need. Even the $3 generic keihin jets are a better deal then DJ. When you have a forum full of knowledge like here there really is no point to paying extra for a set of instructions.

x2 they work fine for an exhaust, that is about it. once you start to do more to it, the needle is terrible. it has no inbetween where it needs to be. just get the stock stuff and save the hassle. steve

CarGuy7a
07-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I've ran both dynojets and keihin stock style jets, and to be honest, I really couldn't tell a difference between either. The only thing I did notice was the Dynojets being a little more finicky with the needle and that was about it. With dynojets kits, you have to use the needle that comes with the kit because they are tapered differently than the keihin's.

The keihins are pretty much put the jet in and go. The best place to get the Keihin jets are from jetsrus.com.