PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Classes for 2011 Season

FISH ON!
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Time to get your call in to GNCC (Jeff Canfield) if you have an opinion on the class structure. It would be nice to see a decision made now so any quad switching can be done well enough in advance and avoid a big change like this season that occured a couple weeks before the start. It also helps when looking for sponsors.

My $0.02 worth is they should go back to a supermini class again like previous years (shifter class.) You have plenty of Pitsters, a few more Cobras and they'll need a class for the new Apex shifter and Yammi 125. I would also open it up to the Hybrid quads. I think that would make for a good playing field although the hybrids would be tough to beat (unless you're on an Apex 85 :blah: )

Jeff told me those decision would be made this Fall which we all know rolls into next year and before you know it, the next season is here. That's too late. I don't know why that can't be done sooner so if you have an opinion one way or another, let him know and let him know that decision needs to be made sooner than last year.

Thanks,

markp95
07-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I would like to see the supermini class come back for next year. If we start letting GNCC know now maybe it will be brought back. Biggest problem last year was the number of racers in the class.

miniquaddad90
07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I inquired with Jeff yesterday about the "super mini" class. Told me desicions wont be made till Dec..... Seems kinda late to decided what to build or buy for the next season..... I would like to see the super mini class back and feel that shifter cobras belong in that class... jmo... And also agree that it should be a non-production class so we can try a Fischer 90 mod in 2011 :devil:

FISH ON!
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for calling him! If enough people call him they may make a decision sooner. December is way to late........ and my bet is December will be late January to early February like this year. Unfortunately the only reason to wait that late is likely to be sponsor related although I'd like to think that shouldn't affect youth racing since there is not a lot of dollars going into the youth program from the circuit sponsors. I'm not a GNCC basher on here, I'm actually quite the opposite but dang!! How hard can it be to make class decisions more than a month or two before the season starts??? Come on GNCC.

mmsoup
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm with Todd, We never got a straight answer on the class rules for the girls class until just before the season started last year and it took several phone calls to Jeff and the folks at Racer Productions.
They were not terribly focused and to me seemed to treat the youth classes as an afterthought.
I'll call in the next week to add our opinon to this subject.

CVT's together
Shifters together

Production together
Modified together Including hybrids
Limited together

Displacement limited

Go as fast as you can in those guidelines

T@AFP
08-27-2010, 05:24 AM
I have been talking to several parents lately who would like to see the super mini and a mod class reinstated. Because of the additional options the kids will have on a more reliable quad.

I think we should start a petition right away so we can have a plan for next season prior to the snow flying.
We have been actively working on this even at a local level for XC and MX.
But it seems our local organization just follows suit based on the AMA.
Clearly, this would be benificial for all parties.

It's great to hear you guys are on board for this as well.

skyeryder
09-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Well depending on what my boy wants to do next year, I'd like to see us be able to race a Cobra 70 somewhere in there.

fastflame1
10-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I would like to see the 50-70 cvt class broke in to 2 age classes 6-8 and 9-11, it just doesn't seem fair for the little guys .

skyeryder
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see them get rid of those three letters cvt

miniquaddad90
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by mmsoup
I'm with Todd, We never got a straight answer on the class rules for the girls class until just before the season started last year and it took several phone calls to Jeff and the folks at Racer Productions.
They were not terribly focused and to me seemed to treat the youth classes as an afterthought.
I'll call in the next week to add our opinon to this subject.

CVT's together
Shifters together

Production together
Modified together Including hybrids
Limited together

Displacement limited

Go as fast as you can in those guidelines

What is the current rules on the Girls class? I asked when we went to sign up @ Power Line Park but they didnt even know.... Seems to me that the rules are about the same as the 90Mod class. Wondering if my daughter can run a CR80/JB Mod next season.... ???

FISH ON!
10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
By 2010 rules there is no class you can run a JB Mod or any hybrid mini quad. Several of us are pushing for that class next year but I'm not to optomistic that it will happen. Send GNCC an email telling them you want a class for your quad.

All the quads have to be production models frame and motor. I like what you are running!

Originally posted by miniquaddad90
What is the current rules on the Girls class? I asked when we went to sign up @ Power Line Park but they didnt even know.... Seems to me that the rules are about the same as the 90Mod class. Wondering if my daughter can run a CR80/JB Mod next season.... ???

miniquaddad90
10-15-2010, 12:25 PM
OK, Im really onfused then because there was a 300EX chassis with a dirt bike motor in it racing at Powerline Park... :ermm:

FISH ON!
10-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
OK, Im really onfused then because there was a 300EX chassis with a dirt bike motor in it racing at Powerline Park... :ermm:

yeah........... that bike has been there a couple times. I'm not sure what the deal with that is. There is no inspection for rule compliance unless someone makes an issue of a partiucular quad. Tech inspection before the race just makes sure your transponder and kill switch work. I'm sure if the quad finished near the top it would get protested and DQ'd but since it isn't challenging anyone in the points race I guess they let it run for fun. The ladies at registration are not going to stop you from registering. I would like to see them made legal but they definitely aren't within the rules for 2010.

markp95
10-16-2010, 05:10 AM
We are planning to run the Apex shifter 85 in GNCC next year. Will put Colton on the front row what ever class it will be. After Snowshoe he will go to schoolboy class. Todd, thanks for the help on Cassies bike at Ohio.

FISH ON!
10-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by markp95
We are planning to run the Apex shifter 85 in GNCC next year. Will put Colton on the front row what ever class it will be. After Snowshoe he will go to schoolboy class. Todd, thanks for the help on Cassies bike at Ohio.

I find I learn something new every time I troubleshoot a motor problem. I wonder how many others have problems with their Haggerty intake cracking like hers did. I'm glad we were able to come up with a temporary fix that held up for the race.

We're planning to run the front row as well to get out of the garbage he dealt with last weekend. If me and a couple moms were not at the big log jam, I believe the race would have ended at two laps. I got so exhausted pushing the little kids up a slick rutted hill I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The woods were so thick right there that there wasn't any alternate path and the trail was one quad wide. There must have been over 20 quads sitting there when I got to it. It added 4.5 minutes to Zach's lap time and rows one and two didn't have to deal with it because we got it cleared before they came back around.

Hope GNCC approves the 85 shifter. That's our quad of choice for next year too!

fastflame1
10-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by skyeryder
I'd like to see them get rid of those three letters cvt

Bet you didn't think that when you started out with a cvt. Got start out on something!

mmsoup
10-18-2010, 11:37 AM
That is a toughy, currently the Girls class is a "Production" class like the 70 CVT class.

We have all been putting together the best we can within those very loose guidelines

We have Kymco 4 stroke CVTs that are punched out to the limit

We have 86cc Malossi Big bore kits on CVTs

We have a Yamaha 125 shifter that is getting work done

We have production Apex's and we have DRR's with porting and airbox modifications

So basically we have production vehicles that have various levels of modification, I can't speak to a full on hybrid nor for the other parents. The best bet would be to show up for the meeting at the banquet and get your .02 in.

In years past a hybrid would at the very least have been required to start in the Super Mini row but that has even met with resistance at certain races which leads to the discussion on this thread.

PM me and we can discuss further