PDA

View Full Version : Shreveport Louisiana Track

drew416ex
07-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Anyone know of any tracks around Shreveport Louisiana. Ive been to Cypress Creek Mx but it is horrible. They havnt preped it in a year or more.

YOURADHERE
07-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Not sure how far you're willing to travel but there are a couple around the Lafayette, LA area. I think there may also be one in the Tyler, TX area.

drew416ex
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah I think the one in Tyler is called Swan or something like that. There is one in west monroe too, but im not sure how any of these are on a quad.

YOURADHERE
07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Gravity Alley in Breaux Bridge and Deep South MX in New Iberia are quad friendly last I heard. But those are 3+ hours away from you.

drew416ex
07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah thats a little far from me. Ill probably call swan and see what they say. I know the west monroe track allows quads. It just sucks having to drive so far to ride.

jshtex
07-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Swan is an great track. Huge jumps and very wide. The only complaint I ever had when my boy raced there was that they always watered the track before the quads ran.

www.swanmx.com

drew416ex
07-24-2010, 04:10 PM
It seems like they do that everywhere I go. THey water it and then let the quads work it in. I would always wait and let the others make a couple laps before I go out. So the jumps out there are quad friendly?

jshtex
07-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
It seems like they do that everywhere I go. THey water it and then let the quads work it in. I would always wait and let the others make a couple laps before I go out. So the jumps out there are quad friendly?

Yes they are very quad friendly. When I said huge, I didn't mean you have to jump a long way, although you can. What I meant is that the jumps are physically huge. Look at the pics on the website and you can kind of tell what I mean. My boy was never a big jumper, which is why we switched to XC, but other than looping out he was ok there.

Watch the videos on the site. Towards the end of the 125 vid from 2005 you can really see the size of the jumps I am talking about. And Shreveport isn't very far away. I was just there drinking margarita's saturday night at Superior.