PDA

View Full Version : Waterjet (as seen on tv)

bbender85
07-14-2010, 07:44 AM
anyone have any experience with this?:

Waterjet pressure washer (https://www.buywaterjet.com/)

my wife showed it to me, i laughed it off at first. was washin my quad last night with the hose and the "powerwash" setting on my selectable nozzle, and with the hot water i have in the garage it was doing a number on the mud... so i got to thinking maybe this Waterjet might be legit??

slainwarrior
07-14-2010, 08:10 AM
im sure it works pretty well.. but i cant see it putting out anywhere near the amount of pressure that a real power washer does.. i think it would make cleaning your bike much easy then moving around a huge power washer.. also considering you shouldnt really need that much pressure to clean your bike unless its completely caked in mud and left that dirty for like a year... i just use simple green and a regular hose nosel with cold water and it works just fine

yellowzo3
07-14-2010, 08:28 AM
If its only $19.99 it doesn't work. I've seen infomercials for this thing countless times. Anything on an infomercial sucks. Steer clear of this thing!!

trick450r
07-14-2010, 09:01 AM
If your racing it doesnt matter..you need the pump on the pwasher at the tracks.

chucked
07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I have one, it works pretty good. Its no pressure washer but its a nice directed stream of water.

wilkin250r
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Believe it or not, those things are pretty effective.

Anybody ever have one of those small brass nozzles for a hose that were just one piece, not adjustable? They were great for filling up water balloons because you could fit the balloon over the end of it, but they were also great for spraying water. They sprayed WAY better and further than any adjustable nozzle. In fact, if you got hit with the spray up close, it kinda hurt.

http://www.sun-flow.com/metal/img/hose_nozzle.jpg

The waterjet is the same principle, just a little better. You get a much better (and more powerful) stream of water by using a gentle taper until the stream is the size you want, rather than just a hole. It's actually the same principle as porting your head, you get better flow by reducing turbulence.

Now, it ain't no pressure washer, that's for sure. But it's much more powerful than you'll get with an adjustable nozzle, or by using your finger to get a spray.

slightlybent47
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Sweeper nozzles have been around since the invention of the water hose. This is no deferent then all the others that have come and gone.
Go to home depot and spend $1.99 and get a plain sweeper nozzle and save the other $17.00 for something that you can really use.

slightlybent47
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&productId=100659286&navFlow=3&keyword=sweeper+nozzle&langId=-1&searchRedirect=sweeper+nozzle&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.integration. endeca.EndecaDataBean%4017da82be&ddkey=THDStoreFinder

tp300ex
07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^ thats what i use and as said before some simple green and a rag go a long way!

muddy400EX
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by slainwarrior
im sure it works pretty well.. but i cant see it putting out anywhere near the amount of pressure that a real power washer does.. i think it would make cleaning your bike much easy then moving around a huge power washer.. also considering you shouldnt really need that much pressure to clean your bike unless its completely caked in mud and left that dirty for like a year... i just use simple green and a regular hose nosel with cold water and it works just fine

damn we must just have sticky mud in illinois or something,lol. i clean within a day after i ride, and i use a pressure washer and i gotta spray the crap out of it to get it off!

slightlybent47
07-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah we have mostly sandy soil here in this area but down south they have this black gumbo that sticks like glue. You pretty much have to hit it with a power washer to get it off. Even if it’s fresh it still wont come off without a power washer.

finsteratv
07-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Sweeper nozzles have been around since the invention of the water hose. This is no deferent then all the others that have come and gone.
Go to home depot and spend $1.99 and get a plain sweeper nozzle and save the other $17.00 for something that you can really use.

might wanna brush up on your math hah:p

toby400ex
07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
might wanna brush up on your math hah:p HAHAHA
:blah: