PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Deal With This Guy

gsxr68
02-03-2003, 11:38 AM
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. I bought a 250r from him on the 17 of jan below is a list of what he posted on exriders. first on the check that i wrote him he said to spell his last name Lowrance on this post he spelled it Lawrance he does not know how to spell his own name so i guess he would not know what kind of quad he sold. He said that it was an 89 but the vin# sayes that it is an 88, the arms are +1+1 not +2+1.The stem was powdercoated so thick that he left the four bolts loose so it would turn. He said that Wayne at PEP reworked the shocks, the front and rear are works and modded the stock rear. I called Wayne and he said that the fronts would have PEP on them where the rezzie goes into the body and that if the rear works was done in the past year that it would also. He said that the stock revalve would be a gold color. Well the works were not done and the rear was blown. When i picked up the quad he said that it was not leaking that he sprayed wd-40 on them. So I put the stock on and I can push it down and let go and it will rebound so fast that it will almost pick up the rearwheels (NO OIL.) The sparks motor well i called them and he said that it would have SPARKS on the jug on both sides, and it does not. I bought this quad and it needs alot to be where he said it was that it "NEEDS NOTHING". I have called him left messages and no return. He said that the a-arm bushings are new well some are but they are for a 400ex and the steel sleeve on the 400ex arms is shorter so to get the arms to pivot free he left those bolts loose also. There are other things but that is the main stuff. He goes by WILDB on QUADCUSTOMS I am sure he has screwed others do not let him do it to you. He lives in Assumption IL If anybody wants proof of any thing on this post that I wrote please call me 864 525 5828 or e-mail steveheat68@charter.net my name is steve. . I have not been in the motor so I do not know what I will find. SO I NEED SHOCKS FRONT AND REAR AND A-ARMS THE ONES THAT I HAVE I NEED TO SELL ALONG WITH THE SHOCKS. THE FRONTS SEEM TO BE GOOD BUT THE REAR IS LEAKING. I AM 165 AND LOOKING FOR +2+1 ARMS OR MAYBE A LT SETUP

THANKS, STEVE

This is his post on EXRIDERS.com
1989 HONDA 250R PARTS LIST

LAEGER PRO-TRAX A- ARMS +2 +1
LAEGER PR0-TRAX ANTI VIB STEM
LAEGER SWING ARM( WITH CHAIN SLIDE)
RPM ADJUSTABLE AXEL
RPM ANTI-FADE LOCK NUT
RPM SPROCKET HUB
RPM BRAKE HUB
STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE LINES(FRONT & REAR)
ALUMINUM RAD. SCOOPS & ALUMINUM LOUVERED GRILL
BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS BAR MOUNT (WITH PRO DESGINE KILL SWITCH MOUNT)
PRO TAPER BARS (CR HIGH BEND)
RTC EZ PULL CLUTCH LEVER
DUNCAN (CHROME) FRONT BUMPER
AC PRO PEG NERFS, AC GRAB BAR (WITH # PLATE)
PEP SHOCKS
BLACK SHOCK WEARS
NACS AIR BOX PLUG (ANODIZED BLACK WITH THERE LOGO)
NEW HOLE SHOT FRONT MX TIRES
NEW TAMERS ON NEW DOUGLAS 190 RIMS
NEW PLASTIC FRONT & REAR
NEW QUAD TECH CARBON FIBER HOOD (WITH SCOOP & MUD GRILL)
NEW CEET SEAT COVER(WITH NO SLIP GRIPER)
NEW SEAT FOAM
NEW OEM CABLES
NEW OEM THUMB THROTTLE
ALL NEW AXEL BEARINGS &SEALS
ALL NEW FRONT HUB BEARINGS
ALL NEW SWING ARM BEARINGS
ALL NEW LIKAGE BEARINGS
NEW LOWER STEM BEARING & SEAL
NEW HINSON UPPER STEM BUSHING
ALL NEW A-ARM BUSHINGS
OMF SEAT LATCH
ALUMINUM REAR BLOCK OFF PLATE
PRO DESGINE KILL SWITCH

ENGINE

CURTIS SPARKS 265 NATIONAL
TOM MILLER MOTORSPORTS BASE SPACER(WITH ALL NEW STUDS)
TOM MILLER MOTORSPORTS REED SPACER(WITH ALL NEW BOLTS)
V-FORCE REED CAGE
V-FORCE CARBON FIBER REEDS(BRAND NEW)
CR HIGH COMP. HEAD GASKET
HINSON CLUTCH BASKET
NEW OEM CRANK & ROD
NEW MAIN BEARINGS & SEALS
NEW PISTON & RINGS (PISTON HAS BEEN BOST PORTED & COATED)
CURTIS SPARKS PIPE & SILENCER
NEW OEM SHIFT LEVER & RUBBER
ALUMINUM CASE SAVER
POLISHED MAG COVER
CLUTCH IS NEW (FIBERS & STEEL PLATES)
CARB HAS BEEN PORTED AND POLISHED
PETCOCK IS NEW
CARB SLIDE IS NEW
UNI TWIN LAYER FILTER(WITH BOOT RING)
NEW EXHAUST POWER FLANGE
TH A- ARMS,SWING ARM,STEERING STEM,MOTOR MOUNTS,HUBS,BRAKE PEDEL,FRONT SPENDLES,SHOCK LINK WERE ALL JUST POWDER COATED (HIGH GLOSS RED)
THE FRAME HAS NO CRACKS OR BRAKES AND WAS JUST POWDER COATED HIGH GLOSS BLACK & CLEAR COATED.
ALL THE LAEGER PARTS WERE NEW IN 2000 ALONG WITH MOST OF THE OTHER PARTS. THIS QUAD NEEDS NOTHING AT ALL! I AM SURE I AM LEAVING OUT SOME PARTS FROM THIS LIST BUT IT IS HARD TO LIST EVERYTHING. I DO HAVE SOME EXTRA PARTS LIKE: RIMS,TIRES,SHOCKS,PLASTIC,TWIST THROTTLE,HOODS, ECT. THIS QUAD IS IN AWSOME SHAPE AND I WOULD NOT BE SELLING IF I DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE MONEY. I HAVE THIS QUAD AT A LOW COMPARED TO WHAT IT IS WORTH. IT IS PRICED TO SELL FAST. I WILL CONSIDER DRIVING PART WAY FOR DELIVERY. IF YOU NEED PICS. OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ANY TIME # (309) 825-5344 OR E-MAIL r250trx@yahoo.com THANKS, BILL

B@ckBoneBelgium
02-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey ,

Soory to hear , but I personnaly think it is a bit of your own fault ...

If I buy a quad from somebody , I ask for a test ride .If he is not happy with it , you know with who your are dealing with .

Personnaly I ask to put the quad on a stand and feel on every part on the quad .?If he gets nervous , you know what a person he is !

Not to flame , but I think you made a mistake somewhere .

I hate people that lie to you or anybody else and hope this happens never again ..

greetz

Kenny

Newbie400ex
02-03-2003, 11:50 AM
:grr Some people suck. Never trust a salesman!

2fastandfurious
02-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. When i drove to ohio to pick my quad up i beat the thing to **** for about 15 mintues. Then checked over the thing for about an hour. Being picky is worth it. Now i have a great quad that i got for a great price

Sparks425Ex
02-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Sry To hear that man. But thanks for the warning.

02 Red Rider
02-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I for one want to thank you for the warning. If that is the way that he describes a quad in the condition it ended up being in, how would he describe (for example) a part that he might sell that would be sent thru the mail practically sight unseen aside from maybe a picture that does not always tell the whole story. It's a shame that we have to worry about stuff like this.:rolleyes:

MX26
02-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Dude that sucks. The quad you described is worth about $3000. The quad he described is worth close to $10,000