PDA

View Full Version : rear brake light mod, and handlebar questions

Ridin04EX
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I've seen the article somewhere but cant find it now. Looking on how to mod the ex to make the rear light function as a brake light.

2nd, i see a LOT of handle bars to choose from, which ones do you use and why? i also lost the page where there was a glossary of measurements for handlebars.

Thanks in advance

CJM
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
1. All you need is a brake switch, it bolts right up to the master cylinder and wiring it isnt hard. Im sorry but I dont have the post about it, but searching should find it.

2. handlebars: I tried a few styles till I decided on the protaper se (seven eighths) hi atv bend. Im a little over 6ft tall and have a long torso and arms and they feel perfect to me. I also tried some mid atv bend as well and liked them but they were tall enough. the hi bend is comfy, doesnt hit my knees when turning and compares to the height of the stock bars but with less pullback at the grips. So far its also very sturdy since I wiped out good with them and no issues.

Rocky mtn atv has the measurements for all the bars they sell on their site.

Ridin04EX
07-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by CJM
1. All you need is a brake switch, it bolts right up to the master cylinder and wiring it isnt hard. Im sorry but I dont have the post about it, but searching should find it.

2. handlebars: I tried a few styles till I decided on the protaper se (seven eighths) hi atv bend. Im a little over 6ft tall and have a long torso and arms and they feel perfect to me. I also tried some mid atv bend as well and liked them but they were tall enough. the hi bend is comfy, doesnt hit my knees when turning and compares to the height of the stock bars but with less pullback at the grips. So far its also very sturdy since I wiped out good with them and no issues.

Rocky mtn atv has the measurements for all the bars they sell on their site.

yeah im basically hoping somebody that reads this has done the brake light before and can give any pointers if possible. and with the handle bars, whats the stock size of the handlebars? size, and all the other measurements? anybody?

beags86
07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
i just bumped a thread called - How to: Install a rear brake switch for your tail light.

check it out.

clemsonteg
07-13-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought they all came with brake lights, must have been a later thing cause I know my 06 lights up when I hit the front or rear brakes.

beags86
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
they didn't come with brake lights til 05

Ridin04EX
07-14-2010, 05:16 PM
thanks...the hunt for a nice rear light begins.