PDA

View Full Version : ltr wont even turn over

Wills77
07-13-2010, 06:11 AM
well first i was working on it cuz a wire ripped out of the tps... so after i got that fixed and was trying to get the quad to stay running i had it hooked up to the battery charger cuz i was cranking it a lot cuz it wouldnt stay running. then i stopped for a couple minutes and triedit again and when i turned the key on the green neutral light doesnt come on like normal and the start button does nothing. i checked the fuses and their all good.

this quad has been a nightmare to keep running.. does anybody strip the wireing harness down to just what it needs to run? i had my honda harness down to like 6 wires but that was kickstart/carb. i know the ltr is still gunna have alot more but id like to get rid of what i dont need

hawaiianbasshed
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
r u sure it's in neutral? maybe the TPS sensor got damaged?

I'm assuming you're pulling the clutch when trying to start it? mine doesn't start unless I pull the clutch starter does nothing til I do.

maybe it was already going from the start. is the TPS loose? I know the KFX450s if you adjust it a little in the wrong direction it won't start or could cause you to crank it for a minute before it starts. maybe the idle needs to be adjusted if it's hard to start as well. need more info to be any help really tho. r u a member of LTR HQ? pretty much strictly an LTR forum...

Wills77
07-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by hawaiianbasshed
r u sure it's in neutral? maybe the TPS sensor got damaged?

I'm assuming you're pulling the clutch when trying to start it? mine doesn't start unless I pull the clutch starter does nothing til I do.

maybe it was already going from the start. is the TPS loose? I know the KFX450s if you adjust it a little in the wrong direction it won't start or could cause you to crank it for a minute before it starts. maybe the idle needs to be adjusted if it's hard to start as well. need more info to be any help really tho. r u a member of LTR HQ? pretty much strictly an LTR forum...

yes its in neutral. its a new tps. yes clutch in or out it wont do anything. tps is tight.

its like the quad is dead haha turning the key on it used to make all 3 of those lights come on for a sec then the green neutral one would stay on but now turning the key on nothing happens at all and the starter button does nothing at all

Baracudaaa
07-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Your battery is toast from all the cranking. Try jumping your bike off a car battery and see if that helps start it. i had similar problems, ended up being a bad battery, but it also was my stator was the thing killing them.

Wills77
07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Your battery is toast from all the cranking. Try jumping your bike off a car battery and see if that helps start it. i had similar problems, ended up being a bad battery, but it also was my stator was the thing killing them.

damn that battery is only a couple weeks old... and my builder told me that my stator was close to going out...