PDA

View Full Version : ktms maintenance nightmare

250raptor
07-12-2010, 11:53 PM
i know you guys may be a little biased lol. but are ktms really the maintenance nightmare I've heard them to be? I've seen alot of people switch just because of having to maintain it all the time

FW_cArBoN
07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I've owned KTM's since the day they arrived at my local dealer, and I would consider them to be no different maintenance wise than my Honda's that I used to run.

Oil changes are easy, as are air filter changes.

The way the KTM's are built, they are so convenient to work on and make changes, and do routine maintenance.

Just my opinion..... Jay

Sick0
07-14-2010, 07:43 AM
the way I look at it.. To get the performance out of other brands to match the ktms, I have to modify the engine my self... ( more wenching)... To mantain that modify engine is more maintace than a stock engine( more wenching )...
KTM quads are built pretty simple and and easier to do the maintance on... No tools to take off the air filter... no oil tank to drain or fill up... Easy chain adjuster and grease fittings ..... Plastic come off quick. Theres room to work on things...

Its true this is a Racing quad... Racing quads needs more maintance than trail machines... But a built 450r will need just as much mantance as a ktm...

tt racer
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
That is very true no more maint. than anything else.

250raptor
07-19-2010, 12:59 AM
k thanks guys, ive just heard that they had to have engine rebuilt all the time and stuff like that