PDA

View Full Version : Air Box?

hilltop_83
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I tried searching and came up with nothing... I am going to raise my air box by just raising it up to the seat and drilling new holes. I want to know what every body is doing with that little hose that comes out the bottom? and also if it is reccommened to cut out the back of the box or not?

hilltop_83
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
come on....somebody has to have some comment?!

Baileygunns
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Leave the hose alone, all it does is drain water out. Cutting the back of the box off is personal preference.... Obviously your filter will be more exposed and will need more cleaning. If you are running trails I would just take the lid off and leave the box alone... If you run dunes or run just track I would say dump the box all together... JMHO

curryd
07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Remove the lid and install a EHS airbox lid. Works like a open lid, but offers protection from water and dust. Water resistant, not waterproof. Keeps filter twice as clean as running without a lid all together. Buy it completed, not the kit. This way, you have the ability to s stock lid to wash machine without getting filter wet.

mx Eli
07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I have 3 outerwears for my k&n with open lid and when ever one gets dirty I just switch it out and it's like a brand new filter it's great for trails/duning