PDA

View Full Version : 250r nerf bars

Yfz245
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey I have an 86 250r and I want some new nerf bars from ac racing and they say their for an 88-89 and what I'm wondering is will they fit my frame can somebody help me with this thanks

danhung11
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I believe they are different as the foot pegs are different locations. I have a set I took off my 86R if you are interersted. I know you said you were looking new, figured I let you know. They are in good condition, these are a couple of pictures before I did a complete tear down. I believe they are DG Alloys.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_1747.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_1751.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

Yfz245
07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks man I appriciate the help and the offer but I was looking for a set with netted heel guards I have a set of rath racing on my yfz and love them do u know of anybody else that makes netted heel guards with nerf bars for a 250r

Pumashine
07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Yfz245
I was looking for a set with netted heel guards. Do u know of anybody else that makes netted heel guards with nerf bars for a 250r

I saw those the other day and would also like to know who is making them. Thanks in advance!

danhung11
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I think a few members on here were trying to petition Houser into making their new design with the shock absorbing footpegs, not sure what the status is. I bolted up some IMS Roll nerfs for a 450R on my other R because I struggled with AC fitment.

Yfz245
07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah that would be cool if they made them for a 250r yeah seem like there's not a whole lot of options for stuff on a 86-87

wilkin250r
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
I believe they are different as the foot pegs are different locations.

Anybody know the exact difference?

They obviously aren't the same, and aren't interchangeable, otherwise they'd have the same part number. No company is going to design something twice, with two different part numbers, if they were able to use just one product.

But I'm curious on what the difference is, an inch here, a half inch there, ect ect.

D Bergstrom
07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
AC does plan on making the new MX peg nerf bars for the 86/87 frames, they are just low on the priority list. When I spoke to the person I know who works there, he said they are a few months out at least. If you are interested, call AC and let them know. If they see there is a demand, may move them up the list.

Doug

wilkin250r
07-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
When I spoke to the person I know who works there, he said they are a few months out at least

Has AC racing discontinued all the other propeg nerfs? (It wouldn't surprise me, companies often phase out old legacy products. But it WOULD surprise me if they phased out the old stuff before the new stuff was developed).

I've got an old set of AC racing propeg nerfs, without heal guards. NOBOBY makes them without heal guards anymore.

mineralgrey01gt
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Has AC racing discontinued all the other propeg nerfs? (It wouldn't surprise me, companies often phase out old legacy products. But it WOULD surprise me if they phased out the old stuff before the new stuff was developed).

I've got an old set of AC racing propeg nerfs, without heal guards. NOBOBY makes them without heal guards anymore.

I had the same set on my 250r. Absolutely loved those pro pegs. I had DG nerfs on my 400ex and never again. They were complete junk. I need to get on my 250r build asap

J.B.
07-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Burgard has these out now i guess.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/burgardrep/CIMG3150.jpg

86 Quad R
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
I had the same set on my 250r. Absolutely loved those pro pegs. I had DG nerfs on my 400ex and never again. They were complete junk. I need to get on my 250r build asap

i've got a set on 2 of my R's and love them. very durable. i wouldnt give a plug nickle for a set of the DG's lol

Originally posted by J.B.
Burgard has these out now i guess.

i wouldnt mind trying a set of those...... are they the pro-peg variety?

wilkin250r
07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
I need to get on my 250r build asap

I don't want to detour the thread, but I just picked up a beater 250r for $750. :devil:

Frame looks good, a-arms and swinger look good, complete quad. The guy rebuilt his top end, next day his tranny went out. Bad luck for him, good luck for me :blah:

Gonna rebuild the tranny, and either build it up as a general all-around, or trade it for a banshee.

D Bergstrom
07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

I am guessing they are discontinued since they no longer appear on their website, but don't know for sure. I thought the 250R pro pegs without heel guards have not been available for a long time? I currently have a set of those on my 86 that I bought in 2006 and I thought they were pretty much unavailble shortly after, but I could be wrong.

Doug

wilkin250r
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought the 250R pro pegs without heel guards have not been available for a long time?

You're probably right, I haven't seen them for quite some time. Then again, I haven't been shopping around for them for quite some time, either.

I was just hoping you had the inside track to information :cool:

mxduner
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I am guessing they are discontinued since they no longer appear on their website, but don't know for sure. I thought the 250R pro pegs without heel guards have not been available for a long time? I currently have a set of those on my 86 that I bought in 2006 and I thought they were pretty much unavailble shortly after, but I could be wrong.

Doug thats about what i remember to timeline and all