PDA

View Full Version : Hotcam Stage 2

gunther
02-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi I need some help I purchased a Hotcam Stage 2 Cam for
my 400ex and busy installing it ,just a ? the decompression is it used or not as the Spacer lugs that are in the Stock cam are not on the new one.Please help I,m stuck!!!!!!! When i fit the Spacer it just wobbles around lose I'm Sure this will Stuff up the cam in no time.

Scott400EX
02-03-2003, 09:28 AM
You do not use the decomp stuff with the new cam. all u reuse is the stock flange.

gunther
02-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks a million saves one heck of a headache but will this not hurt the Starter
otor on the long run?

gunther
02-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks a million saves one heck of a headache but will this not hurt the Starter motor on the long run?

gunther
02-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Sorry for the double post still new at this!!!!!

Colby@C&DRacing
02-03-2003, 09:41 AM
As far as the spacer lugs on the cam to line up the sprocket if you look at the new cam there is a dot on the end of it that indicates where the wider spline is on the cam. So just line it up with the wide spot in the sprocket flange and press it on.:) And you do not need to use any of the stock decompressioner parts. Make sure you take the spring and ball bearing out of the little hole in the head:D

gojk
02-03-2003, 12:54 PM
To press it on just freeze the cam in a freezer bag over night, then when you go to press it, just heat up the flange and press the cam in real quick and you wont even need a press. Worked good for me.

gunther
02-04-2003, 05:12 AM
Thanks A million guys
its in and started up first time The freezing of the cam worked perfect the flange just slipped over like a glove
Thanks again now all i have to do is run it in that will only be
this weekend
Regards
Gunther

speedy400
02-05-2003, 10:10 AM
gunther, do you really live in Namibia???the dunes there rock(huevos5) where is that??? thanks

gunther
02-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Yes we are in the South West of Africa Just to left top Bordering
South Africa,Have a look on the World map.We have Some of the Highest dunes in the world,But most of it is Either Diamond Concession or Nature Reserve,that Still Leaves us with about 600Square miles of Riding area which is slowly decreasing Because of envirmental awareness.

speedy400
02-06-2003, 09:18 AM
any houses i can move into in your area? jk but still that must be awsome to live there, lucky

gunther
02-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Well it should not be to expensive for you guys,you get 10Nam$
for US$1 so come on over and visit.You can riding for easy 3HRS at a time and not hit your or anybody elses track,but caution is advised as these buggers can bite you faster than you know.
especially over noon when dune blindness sets in.Oh and there is about 150 miles of beach to ride on!!!!plus a couple of thousand
square miles of dessert see Namibia is about two/thirds Desert or semi desert. Just ask wes miller How much it cost him to visit?