PDA

View Full Version : shift shaft case failure #2

vondeister
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
after getting the hole shot and leading we finished 3rd with a ill shifting quad..this is the second time this has happened to us and this time the case's are not available until late august and there is a new part number..great we have a race in 2 weeks....

any one else experince this issue in there Raptor.....

leager-n-ky
07-17-2010, 02:34 AM
not yet, but it looks like something NOT to look forward to. Second time???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-250-YFM250R-ENGINE-MOTOR-VIDEOS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5b1444dcQQitemZ13037 7073884QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Found this motor on ebay, but no cases.

manco47
07-17-2010, 06:27 AM
We had the same problem last year and a friend showed us this fix. he never even ordered a new case, just used the broken one to finish out the season. We used just a piece of alum. round stock drillled a hole then cut it in half. Its tig welded to the side cover you will see the spot the pin hits. This waqy the pin is supported on both sides. I have a picture of it but when I try to attach it's saying file is to big. If you would like a pic message me.

leager-n-ky
07-17-2010, 05:34 PM
@ Maco47 Sent you a pm with email addy, would like to see your fix.

leager-n-ky
07-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Vondeister, You had a grab bar for sale on ebay that did not sell, do you still have it?

QuadJunkies
07-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by manco47
We had the same problem last year and a friend showed us this fix. he never even ordered a new case, just used the broken one to finish out the season. We used just a piece of alum. round stock drillled a hole then cut it in half. Its tig welded to the side cover you will see the spot the pin hits. This waqy the pin is supported on both sides. I have a picture of it but when I try to attach it's saying file is to big. If you would like a pic message me.

sounds like something similar the Suzuki has done . We done a shift pin mod on our Zuke. I had no idea these were having this issue.
MY Daughter likes to mash it when she shifts, so we got the mod done in a hurry .:scary: lol

vondeister
07-19-2010, 06:07 AM
thanks for the input.

I sold the grab bar awhile back.

I bought a complete engine on Ebay for the case's and when my new cases come in I will put the other engine back together and have a spare in the trailer....

Arctic Cat Dad
07-31-2010, 08:23 PM
The very same thing just happened to my friends quad. They were told the cases wouldn't be in till Sept.

vondeister
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I have the fix.....please see my case saver post