PDA

View Full Version : which set up? works or elka

YZROOSTINYA
02-03-2003, 07:07 AM
the works triple rate with rezzies and the elka triple rate non rezzie are basically the same price

What would be better?

Is the advantage of the rezzie THAT great?

Everyone talks about shock fade with heat and all. But WHEN does fade REALLY happen?

Unless your FULL OUT riding for a good bit of time I do not think fade would affect your everyday trail rider,

Curious who has elka no rezzies and how they feel about them. Also maybe someone who has switched from works to elkas and if the diff was noticable and worth it? i like the larger diameter of the elka shaft also.

Thanks In advance

I will be riding MX/XC

Pappy
02-03-2003, 07:12 AM
i'd do the elka over the works. the rezzies are a plus....but if you dont ride flat out i doubt you'll ever notice shock fade.

YZROOSTINYA
02-03-2003, 08:19 AM
I do ride flat out, but typically it is only for short bursts(I have for others to catch up:devil )

we typically ride for 4-6 hours almost every saturday/sunday but half the time we'll rip down some trails a for about 10 mins WO then find something we like and hit it up a few times then ride for another 10-30 minutes and hit something else up again.

I would rather have a better shock then one that will last LONGER in a sense of fade. I am not doing 5 hour endurance competitions.

**** even when I hit the mx track I like to take breaks every few laps or just concentrate on the most technical/largest jump over and over.

YZROOSTINYA
02-03-2003, 08:38 AM
I just got a reply from jeff at the quadshop, guess I am gonna go the elka route. I am gonna place the order later today since it takes about 2 weeks and i need to get my quad back together.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-03-2003, 08:52 AM
The Elka does have the 5/8" shaft over the works 1/2" shaft.
The Elka has spherical heim bearings.
I had the works triple rates no rezzies and switched to the Elka triple rates no rezzies and like them alot better :D

forum
02-03-2003, 10:36 AM
plus you can always add rezzies later. and have them rebuilt while they are at elka

OutlawEX
02-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i'd do the elka over the works. the rezzies are a plus....but if you dont ride flat out i doubt you'll ever notice shock fade.

I agree

Ralph
02-03-2003, 03:08 PM
ELKA OVER WORKS, i did the same thing!

400exBro
02-03-2003, 03:18 PM
but you have works don't you??
it says in your sig..

anyways just get the elkas anyway, you can always add later, but i like to everything the right way all at once so you don't have to redo it later on and won't be able to ride... (for me mostly applys to motor work and such)

toby400ex
02-03-2003, 06:28 PM
ive been wanting yo know the same thing, im gonna be doing alot of xc racing, but dont have much money.:(

Dave400ex
02-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Toby the Elkas would be the way to go, but if you are on a tight budget then the Works would be ok. You could also just get the Elkas without rezzies now, and add them later.

Ralph
02-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Toby the Elkas would be the way to go, but if you are on a tight budget then the Works would be ok. You could also just get the Elkas without rezzies now, and add them later.

get the elkas..

killed300ex
02-03-2003, 07:26 PM
how much would dual and triple rate elka shocks without rezzies cost?????????
killed

Dave400ex
02-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Email or PM C&D and find out....

luvmyex
02-03-2003, 07:48 PM
About the rezzi's.Do you notice your stockers fade out?If so get rezzi's if not your surley not going to with works or elkas.But if i had the $ at the time i would have gone with elkas without a doughht.

YZROOSTINYA
02-04-2003, 04:21 AM
i have/had works triples without rezzies but personally there too stiff for me in my opinion. if i rode in dirt i would keep them but where i ride is ALL rocks. and they were set up for mx. the shocks are awesome with bumps and jumps but just too stiff IMO for the trails i ride on. I never noticed fade but i put a total of maybe 15-20 hours on them. my bud has piggy back elkas with rebound and a rear with rezzie and he swears by them. but he is 235 with gear and i am 185 so it felt the same as mine

I am going to get the elkas without rezzies from quadshop, i called them last night but they were closed so i am gonna ring them today. personally i do no think i need rezzies. BUT most likely when i get them rebuilt next year i will have them add pibbybacks and get rebound adustment. but next year this will be my play bike and I will be getting a dirtbike.

i need something for the meantime though and i do not want to empty the wallet.

I already spent about $1.5k more than I already planned :eek:

YZROOSTINYA
02-04-2003, 04:23 AM
oh yeah, i sold the trips to fmf400ex, i think that is what his name is on here.

there supposed to arrive today at his house.

toby400ex
02-04-2003, 11:39 AM
i guess if i ever get any shocks theyll be elkas:blah

Ryan
02-04-2003, 11:49 AM
One thing that I never understood was..... What is the difference between "Dual" rate and "Tripple" rate?

Back on the subject...... Elka's are overall better shocks hands down. If you do notice that the shocks are fading after awhile then just add rezzies in the future. Let us know how you like the new Elka's when they got'em!

YZROOSTINYA
02-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Just got off the phone with Jeff from the quadshop. they will be here in 2 weeks!!!

got to get me rear rebuilt now. in a month or so