PDA

View Full Version : End if the CVT's?

drr90#9
07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Noticed a lot of places not running the CVT classes only junior or senior mini classes...lots of people dropping RM85 engines into Apex frames etc...and now the new 2011 Apexs come with an RM85 engine? Any thoughts on this from anyone?

hwf-racing
07-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I know if our local track allowed it. I would be dropping one in our Apex. Not having to mess with the cvt would be great.

greenmachine70
07-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
I know if our local track allowed it. I would be dropping one in our Apex. Not having to mess with the cvt would be great.
Derek, they do allow it, its called Quad Youth.....LOL
I am sure Randy would make a mini shifter class if there were enough people to make a gate, I think you need at least 4.
And no I am not one of them;)
Get Hunter a Pitster, I believe they would let it run in the mini mod class unless he started winning....

camsdad
07-15-2010, 03:42 PM
you would need 6,we used to have a mini shifter class..problem is a jb or dc is about 16k and an apex chassis would never hold up not to mention the suspension dis advantage compared to purpose built shifter

Ride1Rob
07-16-2010, 06:53 AM
But now with more and more manufacturers making mini shifters why not at least structure them in a class. It's frustrating when I constanly hear other parents applaud me for building the bike Jam races on but advise me of the problems we're gonna have if we ever start winning. I hear this EVERY race weekend from someone different which leads me to believe it has to carry weight based on past happenings. Even though we were cleared to race Mod at DC last year it still clearly states CVT's in the rules. That leads me to believe if there ever is an issue we'll be left hanging in the wind. I'd be really pissed to have the track take my money for all this time and DQ us when someone starts complaining because we're not listed in the rules or for some type of BS technicality that doesn't cover us. I've been wanting to speak with Randy about this and I did email him. He hasn't been to the last 2-3 races to get his answer though. I've spoken to you about this and know where you stand Tracy but I'm sure you can get where I'm coming from on this.

That 2011 Apex shifter is definitely very appealing. But I don't see one at DC just like no one has shown up with a Pitster. I'm assuming the Raptor 125 will be in the same boat. Good mini's to race on but not structured in any classes to race :ermm:

greenmachine70
07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
very good points Rob. I have also heard those comments about your quad. I have also heard people say they are gonna get a JB and run it in mod, when their rider is big enough, since they are letting your run your shifter and "dare soemone to say something"
I believe if the real minis that are truly minis, not JB's or the like, show up, DC will make a place for them to race.

Do you need 6 quads to make a class or just 6 to start a gate for a race?
There has only been 4 in the mod class lately?

Ride1Rob
07-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm with you 110% on that Steve. We have the least powered bike in the field and if we were on a JB mod it would surely give us a power advantage from what I've seen/heard. Also, our motor and frame is the production based setup. The rules do state "Factory frame and engine cases" which we do meet that requirement. We're just not cvt lol.

camsdad
07-18-2010, 12:32 PM
first off i'm tired of hearing the bs ,i've heard that your gonna get protested if you win only from you rob...if people are saying such a thing they obviously dont know what they are talking about.quit living in RUMORVILLE,ive assured you there will be no problem.your biggest concern should be that the mod class like the shifter class will be dropped because of the lack of participation.i fought for this class this yr and if some more people dont step up it will disappear.second if an apex based shifter shows up there is a place for it to race in the youth class.(the youth class was won in 06 by a 70 mod against blaster and 300exs by an 8yr old)it takes 6 riders to start a new class,unless all 6 are pre-entered for the yr the class can be dropped because of lack of participation.you guys get together and if you can find 4 shifters i have 2 and will gladly support the class.the cvts will never die and this isnt apexs first time to reinvent the wheel...i heard the same thing in 06 when the cobras came out,guess what still cvts.i know apex states atva legal on their shifter but what class???

camsdad
07-18-2010, 12:34 PM
seth brown will gladly participate,a 3rd class will keep him from being bored at the track... keith brown proud dad of downtown seth brown

Ride1Rob
07-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by camsdad
first off i'm tired of hearing the bs ,i've heard that your gonna get protested if you win only from you rob...

Tracy, THERE'S NO ONE MORE SICK OF HEARING IT THAN ME! Seems to me like you think I'm making these statements up :confused:. Don't you think I get tired of someone different approaching me almost EVERY race with it? It has gotten old! If you think I'm full of BS and making this up ask Mike Deal or Derek Freeman as they've overheard the comments as I was approached by another parent on one particular occasion. My comment to him was all that was clear about the bike and we were good to go from the head tech. He continued to go on and on with the topic. I'm just gonna leave it alone it let the cards fall where they may and when it happens let you do your job.

camsdad
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
thats exactly what i was implying you do.anyone who has a problem should take it up with myself or randy.i gave you my word i would handle it!now focus on more important things at the track like having fun with jam...i have and always will fight for each and every kid and make sure theres a place for everyone to race.what alot of you guys dont understand....every class gets the same awards come banquet time,so thats why we strive for a minimum of 6 riders.its just not fair for a 1st place rider in a class with 3 or 4 riders to get the same awards as a class with an average of 12 plus riders..i wasnt accusing you of making anything up,i was merely thinking if it were a legitimate complaint rather than bs i would have heard about it.

Ride1Rob
07-19-2010, 07:15 AM
;) Thanx!

hwf-racing
07-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Greenmachine clean out your pm box!!!!!

greenmachine70
07-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
Greenmachine clean out your pm box!!!!!
done