PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with a 90 4 stroke

chucked
07-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I bought a '06 90r 4 stroke for $120 today, my friend wants one for his nephew, I figured I'd get it, get it goin then sell it to him once I was done. I bought it not running. It doesn't have spark and I can't find any information anywhere for the 4 stroke model, it's always the 2 strokers. Ive checked the coil and that's it. I know how to check everything else but I can't find any information, can't even find a service manual for sale. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I have spent 3 hours looking for any information today.

nordic quad
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I dont know if this helps you but Yamaha Raptor 90 uses the same engine,some components may be diffrent.
Stein A

jerkyboy
07-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Check some of the simple things first. Make sure the killswitch is ok and also some of these things you need to hold the rear brake to start them for safety. Might need a stator.

chucked
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm no dummy, I know all about that even a few tricks to get them going without that stuff. It's something in the wiring, a stator, or cdi. I will check on the raptor stuff though. Thanks.