View Full Version : Florence trip Feb. 9th?

ThorChick
02-03-2003, 01:26 AM
A few of my riding buddies and I might head to Florence on Sunday, February 9th if the weather is pretty decent to do a little riding. We were thinking about leaving Eugene at about 8 or 9 am and heading the the first South Jetty parking lot. If anyone wants to go with or is interested in meeting there let me know. it'd be cool to ride with some other EXrider members.

Tominator
02-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Don,t know if we're going this weekend or not, if we do it will
be on Saturday. Here's my son and I a few weeks ago

Tominator
02-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Later that day on top of the wall

Sparks425Ex
02-04-2003, 05:05 AM
Where is this place?

twisted threads
02-04-2003, 05:54 AM
florence is a fun place to ride but every time I go I get mested with by the sound cops. It gets very old! One of these weekends we need to have a exriders dune trip that would be fun. I think me and my little bro's would be at the dunes every weekend if they werent so far away.

JOEX
02-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
Where is this place?
About 3500 miles from you:p
Oregon Coast:)

Joe

JOEX
02-04-2003, 10:24 AM

JOEX
02-04-2003, 10:35 AM

airheadedduner
02-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
Where is this place?

Make the trip just once in your life, it will be worth it and you will probly end up moving around here:p

Narural terrain owns!:macho

ThorChick
02-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Nice pics!
I guess I'm pretty lucky because I only live about 55 miles from Florenceand maybe 80 or 90 from Winchester Bay so I get to do day trips often. Well, as long as I'm not working.
I've never really had a problem with the sound cops, but I've always managed to see them before they see me. The only crappy thing now is that the dune cops just bought a bunch of raptors so they patrol on those now. Before all they had were Warriors and were easy to run from if necessary.

So, anyone going yet? Sunday is supposed to be pretty nice weather, and I'd like to get a decent group going over there. So far we only have about 4 or 5 people going, but by the end of the week there should be more.

JOEX
02-04-2003, 11:16 AM
I have to work:mad:
And i'm still waiting for my axle to show up:mad:
We have couple of trips planned this summer....
July 11-14
Aug 24-28
Probably a few more in the mean time;)

Joe

ThorChick
02-04-2003, 01:39 PM
We're going to be gone from July 10th through the 14th on a trip to Idaho, but I'm sure we can meet up with you for your August trip. My boyfriend can't go this weekend either because he's still waiting on his engine to be finished by Dave Ripp and he has a few more parts that he's waiting on too. By the end of this month though his R should be done.

JOEX
02-04-2003, 01:54 PM
August...
We'll be at Driftwood II sites 37-41. There will be a bunch of kids on mini's:p so look out!!:D

Joe

airheadedduner
02-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
About 3500 miles from you:p
Oregon Coast:)

Joe

LMAO!!

:huh Thats the pond I broke my color bone on!!!!!!!:confused2 :eek: I was on the point on the left(out of pic) though.

Its always there, it just gets bigger or smaller depending on the weather.

JOEX
02-05-2003, 12:34 AM
AAAhhh yes I remember you posting those pics.
The two quads at the bottom were part of our group...I had a heck of a time finding my way back down from there:eek: :eek:

Joe

QuadJunkies
02-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Nice pics!
I guess I'm pretty lucky because I only live about 55 miles from Florenceand maybe 80 or 90 from Winchester Bay so I get to do day trips often. Well, as long as I'm not working.
I've never really had a problem with the sound cops, but I've always managed to see them before they see me. The only crappy thing now is that the dune cops just bought a bunch of raptors so they patrol on those now. Before all they had were Warriors and were easy to run from if necessary.

So, anyone going yet? Sunday is supposed to be pretty nice weather, and I'd like to get a decent group going over there. So far we only have about 4 or 5 people going, but by the end of the week there should be more. Thorchick, you have a good time ;) wish I was there to join ya.. maybe atke some pics and get that man of yours to take a few of you also so we can see ya tear it up:blah

ThorChick
02-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Well unfortunately my man might not be going this weekend, but maybe he'll let me borrow his digi cam so I can get some sweet pics at Florence. We might have a pretty decent sized group going so it should be pretty fun. So far no EXriders have decided to go though. Maybe they are just scared to be outridden by a girl. hehe, j/k :devil

airheadedduner
02-06-2003, 12:07 AM
So far no EXriders have decided to go though. Maybe they are just scared to be outridden by a girl. hehe

ouch:p

We just got.......

ThorChick
02-06-2003, 11:25 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:devil :D :blah

QuadJunkies
02-06-2003, 01:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:devil :D :blah wanna see some cool pics I found of St A's?????this is what you get to see when you come out in July...http://tinman875.tripod.com/bansheeheaven/id4.html and http://www.dunegoon.org/images/devilsdn.jpg :D :blah

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 04:47 PM
dammmit i wish i still lived in albany i would go oh well maybe next summer here is a pic of my friend ryan at florence

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 04:56 PM
another

QuadJunkies
02-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ridesa02400EX
dammmit i wish i still lived in albany i would go oh well maybe next summer here is a pic of my friend ryan at florence right on!!! Nice air!!!:p :blah

JOEX
02-06-2003, 08:52 PM
dammmit i wish i still lived in albany...
Are you sure about that?:huh ;)

...Nice air!!!
If you've ever been to Albany you wouldn't say that!:devil :D

That place has quite the aroma:ermm:

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Are you sure about that?:huh ;)

If you've ever been to Albany you wouldn't say that!:devil :D

That place has quite the aroma:ermm: lol ya your right id rather be able to ride every day here anyways

ThorChick
02-07-2003, 01:14 AM
I'm getting so excited for this weekend! The weather is supposed to be AWESOME!! We're going over Saturday night and getting a hotel room so we don't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to drive over there. Maybe it'll have a mini-bar too....hehehe

ThorChick
02-07-2003, 01:15 AM
JOEX ~ Where in Oregon do you live? Just wondering.....

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Ridesa: are you sure that air out pic of the R isn't me? man that is like looking at my R through a time-warp. lol

Maybe I can get everything done saturday and take casper down sunday morning.

ThorChick
02-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Woohoo! That would be awesome Andrew! Then I can school some banshees at the face with Casper....hehehehe
OOps, I mean YOU can school some banshees at the face with Casper!! :devil

2fastandfurious
02-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Those are sweet pics QJ, Can't you jsut hit the side of the hill doing sixty, shift down, and then rip up it? I cant wait to give it a go with the 250x. Quote from Blaze "Ben your one crazy Mother Focker!!!!!

QuadJunkies
02-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Those are sweet pics QJ, Can't you jsut hit the side of the hill doing sixty, shift down, and then rip up it? I cant wait to give it a go with the 250x. Quote from Blaze "Ben your one crazy Mother Focker!!!!! Ben it will be fun to watch ya take a run at it.but I would bet on it that you wont make it up.. Go watch a few of Wyduners vids ,you will see,.. neither the pics or the Vids do the hills justice

New-400ex_guy
02-07-2003, 01:38 PM
ill be at hauser/spinreel saturday looks like its gonna be a killer nice weekend for riding. cant wait to try out my new paddles and pipe.

AndrewRRR
02-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Woohoo! That would be awesome Andrew! Then I can school some banshees at the face with Casper....hehehehe
OOps, I mean YOU can school some banshees at the face with Casper!! :devil

Nah, I better let you. I think you have more seat time in Casper at this point than I do. lol
I readjusted things. No more low shifter lever, no more toe out, and it's got a shift light :)

ridesa02400EX
02-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Ridesa: are you sure that air out pic of the R isn't me? man that is like looking at my R through a time-warp. lol

Maybe I can get everything done saturday and take casper down sunday morning. im sure it is my friend ryan he has a tottaly stock 250r but now he just bought renthal bars for it

JOEX
02-07-2003, 09:07 PM
JOEX ~ Where in Oregon do you live? Just wondering.....
Oregon City....I ride alot (when I get to ride:rolleyes: ) in Molalla.

Joe

chad400ex
02-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Wish I could make it out there this Sunday. The weather is PERFECT!!

Joe, I'm moving to Clackamas in May (buying a house). Of course right now I'm in Lake Oswego which is probably closer to you. How many people are you bringing down to Horsfall with you in July? Are group is getting pretty big, which is coo. I think the count right now is 10 riders plus however many you bring down. We've got 4 sites, and there is another group from atvconnection that will have 4 sites at Horsefall too. It should be a cool trip.

I'm thinking of going next weekend (Florence, Winchester, Coos Bay...one of those) if the weather looks good.

Later,
Chad

Chef
02-08-2003, 03:53 PM
I was just there last weekend....a little wet, but still fun!

JOEX
02-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
Wish I could make it out there this Sunday. The weather is PERFECT!!

Joe, I'm moving to Clackamas in May (buying a house). Of course right now I'm in Lake Oswego which is probably closer to you. How many people are you bringing down to Horsfall with you in July? Are group is getting pretty big, which is coo. I think the count right now is 10 riders plus however many you bring down. We've got 4 sites, and there is another group from atvconnection that will have 4 sites at Horsefall too. It should be a cool trip.

I'm thinking of going next weekend (Florence, Winchester, Coos Bay...one of those) if the weather looks good.

Later,
Chad
You used to live in Damascus right? L.O. might be closer in miles, but Clackamas is easier to get to...I don't like driving on the west side of the river:rolleyes: .
Where at in Clackamas?
So far i'm only bring myself:( But there is a possibility of a couple of others going, we'll see.
I have Mon. and Tuesdays off so spur of the moment weekend trips are hard to do:(

Joe

JOEX
02-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by CHEF440EX
I was just there last weekend....a little wet, but still fun!
Nice roost Chef:)

Joe

QuadJunkies
02-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Ok Thorchick... wheres the pics???:D How was the the weather and the riding?? I bet you had a blast....:)

ThorChick
02-13-2003, 01:15 AM
I wish we had taken some pictures! The weather was awesome and the riding was great. There was way too much water everywhere though. I got myself stuck in a huge puddle that came up over my feet when I was sitting on my quad. It was on a deadend trail that I had signaled everyone else to turn around on but I had to go through the water because there was no turnaround point for me. So basically all the guys took off and on my way back through the puddle I burried my rear tires in the soft sand at the bottom of the puddle. I really wish I had had a camera at that point. It would have been hilarious to post a pic of me sitting in 6 inches of water on my quad with 2 feet of water on each side of me. My freind Kirsten came back when she noticed I wasn't behind everyone and tried to help me get my quad out but I just ended up getting wetter, sandier, and more mad cause of the stupid hole! I finally got so pissed that I kneeled down and lifted the entire rear end out of the water and the ruts. When we rode back to the parking lot the only part of me that was dry was my butt. It kinda sucked but in the end was pretty funny too.
We ended up riding for a while longer and then I decided I wanted to take my truck out to Competition Hill for a while. That was a blast. My little S10 does really well on the sand. Made it all the way out there and back without getting stuck. Close, but no cigar. I need to get some pics of it out on the sand next time we go, I love wheeling it.